Sleepers

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Doing a little research on possibly putting a sleeper on my FL70 extended cab. This one is to small. I have looked at alumi-bunk and double eagle on the web. Asking for your input on sleepers you have (good or bad) and recommendations. Want a good size to be comfortable in though. Will be pulling a trailer with the unit if I do go ahead with this project so have plenty of room on the frame to do this.
Thanks in advance.
Happy Holidays & safe driving
Randy:)

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Don't use an alumi-bunk sleeper. They are inferior quality and insulation wise to "real" sleepers. The 60" on my FL70 was taken used from a Kenworth tractor, it is made by United of Des Moines, IA. They make OEM sleepers for KW tractors that are well insulated, and their climate controls easily adapt to the Freightliner FL series setup. Plus (unlike many of the things on the FL70) they actually work.
You should be able to search around the web, etc for one of these United units new or used. Worth the effort.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hello 5th Wheeler,
Just wanted to let you know that we have a web property that is coming out just for the Hotshot trucking biz. Very similar to EO but for the guys and gals who haul the small trailers all across North America. It will be http://www.hotshotonline.com

Thanks,
Lawrence
Expediters Online.Com

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks 5th wheeler. Looked at that thread after I posted this question. Double eagle has some nice sleepers. Kind of expensive though.
Thanks again
Happy Holidays & safe driving
Randy :)