Sitting around

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Man, is it me or is it no matter what choice you make here lately you end up sitting for The least two days before you get another load offer....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
just sat two and a half days in el piso tx, they tryed to get me to take a load for .90 or 1.00 a mile and i said no leavin here tonite w/ aload to chi town. for monday1475 miles at my rate hope you get movin soon

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well sitting in El Paso too number three... AND the daily average just dropped from three to one

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well they moved three trucks over the weekend. Maybe today will be the lucky day!

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Still sitting got a backhaul from el Paso to Dallas.... Made it to the top of the board still waiting.... I think panther gave up on Texas

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Hate to say this, but we delivered in Laredo and on the same day had a load out to Indiana. It was a reduced rate though. And we are also a team.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well as it seems I can not be in the right place at the right time lately

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Well Kyle all I can say is if you want to make money your going to have to deadhead out of Tx. If you haven't been told by anyone or haven't figured it out yet, Panther caters to teams. Any load out of Tx. is going to be a long run and the only way your going to get a load out is if there are no teams there which will be highly unlikely seeing most runs going to Tx. will be given to teams. A friend of mine was offered a short load and asked about a backup load, and they said the only one they have right now is a team load which was only 500 miles. He got the load but c'mon a 500 miler a team load. that will tell you right there how things are set up.

Your best bet would be to turn down those loads going to Tx. unless your ready to d/h out and if you were to get a load out of lets say laredo they would probably have you swap it out in La. baton rouge or shreveport.

I had a load going to Denver not long ago with plenty of time to get there and they made me swap a 1 skid 300 # load to a straight truck. Because no one in dispatch is allowed to use common sense or make a decision on their own.

Good Luck,
Fr8 Shaker

BigCat

Expert Expediter
My co-driver and myself spent 2 weeks running 900 miles a day across texas from el paso to dallas the el paso to laredo. It was 2 4000 mile weeks.

Last edited:

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
I would of ran until my 70 hours where up lol.... they keep you moving you don't back down until it slows down lol