Silly Hino Question

JonH

Rookie Expediter
Hello All!

My name is Jon and I own a 2008 Hino Box truck 268a. I have a silly question. I had a red exclamation point that appeared on the dash. I don't know what it means. When I bought the truck it didn't come with a manual so I have no way of checking to find out. I'm selling the truck this upcoming week so I need help. I really really appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Does it look like this?

main-qimg-199e8a67ae9b8d0d2976b300409eac25

If it does, check your tire pressure.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello All!

My name is Jon and I own a 2008 Hino Box truck 268a. I have a silly question. I had a red exclamation point that appeared on the dash. I don't know what it means. When I bought the truck it didn't come with a manual so I have no way of checking to find out. I'm selling the truck this upcoming week so I need help. I really really appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance!

This thread should be posted in the Truck Talk section. We have a resident Hino mechanic that has a thread going and I think he could help you.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a different light from my example. They don't look the same.

JonH

Rookie Expediter
Ok. That's the only exclamation point that I see on the dash board. I think that's it

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Transmission warning light. The Allison transmission has an active fault. It may have gone into shift inhibit, you may have limited forward gears. It needs to be parked and evaluated.