sign of looking up ???

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
sitting here in ontario,ca at ta east, parking lot is like a ghost town.have been coming out here for 4 yrs and never seen it this empty. only a few expediters here,t/t are coming in and some are staying a few mins, and leaving. is things picking up or that many have left buisness,trucking altogether?:rolleyes:

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
They have to leave. Can't afford fuel or parking..

you know yall expeditors are all alike you cannot look at anything positive it is always negative out here that is the reason we should call you old farts. You must have one eye blind or closed because you only see the glass half empty instead of half full.

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
And apparently you "OLD FART" don't have the intelligence to recognize sarcasm when it is presented to you.:rolleyes:

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Hey is fatboy a member of the Old Fart Assoc?? Us old farts have been around so long we no longer sugar coat things. We tell it like it is. That's the beauty of being an Old Fart no more being totally politically correct! They write it off to becoming senile.

On the side of are things looking up? Well not up here. If anything it has actually slowed down for many companies. We've had over 30 competitors drivers in looking for work over the last 2 weeks.
Rob

Last edited:

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
Ain't nobody got time for sarcasm out here. I am to busy trying to do something good to put up or listen with folks like you. But if you want to sit around and do nothing but grip and fill the air with sarcasm then you need to be a member on president obamas cabinet. Have a great day

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Ok here we go:

I saw a little girl walking down a yellow brick road she was wearing a funny looking shirt (I think she might have been an Ex Federal employee). She was skipping along with a funny looking black cat (it had 2 heads and no tail), a guy wearing a map (pretty sure he was wearing three state maps) and a fast talking guy (trying to con his way) down the road. And all they could see in front of them was an emerald city with a rainbow and a pot of gold waiting up ahead…….

Does that make you feel all happy and fuzzy inside?

sdelliott31

Expert Expediter
LOL.....If you are the only truck there and you keep posting on here then it looks like you have plenty of time. Maybe the yall, aints, and grip should be replaced with you all, are not and gripe.....since you have plenty of time and all.

Just teasing. From what I have heard in Illinois things are still slow and even up in Michigan. I don't know if Panther could have paid me more to cross into Canada these days. Doesn't seem to be anything going back.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ain't nobody got time for sarcasm out here. I am to busy trying to do something good to put up or listen with folks like you. But if you want to sit around and do nothing but grip and fill the air with sarcasm then you need to be a member on president obamas cabinet. Have a great day

Hey Fatboy - check out the number of folks viewing the Forums - looks like lots of people have lots of time for sarcasm, eh?
Personally, I enjoy it enough to make time for it. :)

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Ok here we go:

I saw a little girl walking down a yellow brick road she was wearing a funny looking shirt (I think she might have been an Ex Federal employee). She was skipping along with a funny looking black cat (it had 2 heads and no tail), a guy wearing a map (pretty sure he was wearing three state maps) and a fast talking guy (trying to con his way) down the road. And all they could see in front of them was an emerald city with a rainbow and a pot of gold waiting up ahead…….

Does that make you feel all happy and fuzzy inside?

That was hilarious!:D

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
:Di know its fun to get on here and crank out some fun, dont know whats better on here or in trucks stop. bordentown is a good place to get some drivers fired up with some bs. ya'll have fun

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I guess it is ok too gripe about other posters but not about business?

Just wondering...

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
On a serious note, I spent a few days at that TA over the last 2 weeks, and noticed (and wondered) the very same thing.

However, when I see that there were 17 straight trucks checked in between the two adjacent cities, I surmised that the pay for parking thing might have been the issue.

When we were in SoCal a few months back, we stayed hopping. This time out, it was slower than uphill molasses in January. Or like a turtle.

I'm just sayin'.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If he wants to contribute to a meaningful discussion, I wonder why he comes here to get in our kitchen? Seems he must just like arguing...there are other sites he can blow off steam at

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That last quip was to Xiggi... One explanation just now is that everyone is waiting for the last shoe to drop: GM... but I would guess the over-capacity in expeditor trucks is a rude reality. Still too many of us for the volume of freight.
I now look to make $1200 a week to stay just ahead of things. Not only that: first train out of here and I am on it. I even do LTL or "side-work" for my local Chinese market. If she hires me on as full-time warehouse manager/sometimes driver- I am there! Only a narrow window for solos, and even teams with the purple shirts and rose-colored glasses are not in such great shape I am told from the source...

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
nothing safe in this buisness anymore,looks like one carrier is doing what some other companies did with mom n pop o/o, pushed them out for the bigger contractors. something to think about.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
ok if you dont pay where do you park. A lot of shopping centers are running you off, do sit 45-60 mins out. When others are closer. Is there another place to park that might be half way safe that isnt a dirt parking lot.

ISLNANA

Seasoned Expediter
we are here at the ta-east in ontario,ca. when we pulled in this afternoon i noticed the expediting community was well repres ented. the purple gang, kitty-cats,3staters and now a bolt head. have noticed that 2 of the purple gang have left-must be a rumble somewhere!!!lol