Showers

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Was at loves trying to get them to load my points on my card so I could get my half shower credit seeing im in a cargo van was told I have to by 50g of diesel. This aint the only truckstop I have this problem. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was at loves trying to get them to load my points on my card so I could get my half shower credit seeing im in a cargo van was told I have to by 50g of diesel. This aint the only truckstop I have this problem. Does anyone else have this issue?

I thought the 1/2 shower credit only applied to Pilot/Flying J. Never have heard anything about shower credits for banners at Loves.

rymilburn

Active Expediter
@ flying j.... There usually good about giving me my 1/2 credit.... But sometimes it misses the mark. My sprinter only holds 25 gallons, so most times when I fill up its only 19 gallons or so.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, Love's is strictly a 50 gal purchase for a shower.

If you need a shower and there's only a Love's around, and you go in to buy a shower, when they ask you for your card, tell them, "I drive a cargo van with a 25 gallon tank, so I can never, ever buy enough fuel to get a shower." If you look pitiful enough, maybe give it a little doe-eyed <sniffle>, they'll usually just give you one.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Well thanks pretty sure ta does it as well guess ill start boycotting loves

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most vans boycott Love's. Rarely see a cargo van sitting there and they really don't want us vanners around there. It's Pilot, Flying J, Petro and TA for vans.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Here's a thought... buy fuel at one of the less popular brands, like QT, Quickfuel, or Mr Fuel, or even a mom n pop, and save enough to buy a shower... or better yet, a room.

Buying fuel somewhere just because they give free showers. even tho they're as much as .30/gal more than the guy down the street? It makes no sense.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ive been boycotting TA/Petro just on the general principle of the thing. Most times, if I buy at a truck-stop it'll be at Pilot/Flying J and I'll favor the Flying J if I have the choice. Otherwise, I'll fill up at any gas station that looks halfway decent.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ive been boycotting TA/Petro just on the general principle of the thing. Most times, if I buy at a truck-stop it'll be at Pilot/Flying J and I'll favor the Flying J if I have the choice. Otherwise, I'll fill up at any gas station that looks halfway decent.

Now that my wifi subscription is up, I don't have a home, other than to buy the company-endorsed Flying J/ Pilot fuel, cause that's the way the truck's owner wants it, as well as the fuel card. Definitely not my choice.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Being a Smart A##, I have asked for instructions on taking half a shower. Is it taking a sponge bath in the sink at the deli counter? If so, I'll take my 1/2 shower now, just to mess with the clerk.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I actually like Loves.....at least there you know the rules...they just don't want to deal with us little guys and I can appreciate that...never been kicked out of a Loves either usually cause I don't stay at many as most have small lots out front....but the staff is usually pretty friendly and clean. the TA plan is pretty screwed up...I think they have a plan just to stop our whining...the P/FJ is the only real game in town for us little guys.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
You could send a letter to the Corporate office and mention the amount of lost sales from "Us Small Guys," they may change their policy.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could send a letter to the Corporate office and mention the amount of lost sales from "Us Small Guys," they may change their policy.

I don't very much.....the cost to implement a reward system and whatever have you would probably far exceed any profit to be had from us small guys...they serve a specific clientele and serve them well and I am fine with that...at least they don't do what TA/Petro does...put on a big show and force us to jump thru hoops just to get 1/2 a shower....

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Well after today once again fairly new at this think I may just spend the 10-12 bucks it aint worth the hassle atleast to me

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after today once again fairly new at this think I may just spend the 10-12 bucks it aint worth the hassle at least to me

Gas or diesel?......

we have a thread like this at least once a year by the way....I am going to boycott Loves thread.....LOL

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I actually like Loves.....at least there you know the rules...they just don't want to deal with us little guys and I can appreciate that...never been kicked out of a Loves either usually cause I don't stay at many as most have small lots out front....but the staff is usually pretty friendly and clean. the TA plan is pretty screwed up...I think they have a plan just to stop our whining...the P/FJ is the only real game in town for us little guys.

Well, you could actually, you know, buy a shower. *gasp*

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flying/Pilot
14 gallon x $4.00 = $56.00 (not gas)
Shower 1/2 is $6.00, $50.00 for 14 gallons or $3.57 per gallon.

Mom/Pop
14 gallons x #3.89 avg= $54.46 + 1/2 shower $6.00 = $60.46, or $4.32 per gallon

I pick Flying/Pilot