shopping for trucks/parts

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
good morning everyone:)

We are shopping for a truck, and or parts to rebuild the one we already own. has anyone else run into the nincompoops that sell this stuff? every single dealer of new and or used parts can't, won't give the real prices to us. they want your life story, your first born,and last born too. AND then they want to sell you some old out of date product that they bought that doesn't fit the bill, or they bought the wrong kind,and will sell it to you for the top $$$ even if it's not what you want cause the figger all truckers are stupid.
Are there any straight dealers out there, and is anyone else in the market for putting one together from scratch.???

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I put one together from scratch. It was all new starting with a special order W900 chassis with long rails from the factory. I worked with Fred Sargent at Performance Kenworth in Houston. He's a great guy and knows his stuff. It went very smoothly and I'd put that truck next to any truck on the road and not fear the comparison. I've included a photo of it (I think).

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The best and most helpful parts dealer I ever had to deal with is the Freightliner dealer south of Atlanta on 75. The counterman took almost two hours going through my list of parts, printed off all the diagrams and part numbers and even provided some information that he took time to find for me that he didn't have to do.

The second most helpful was an international dealer in maryland (I have to get the reciept out of the truck to tell you specifically where) who helped me with my brake hose violation, tracking down the parts, cutting the hose and explaining how to put it all together.

Leo, that's a pretty truck.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>The best and most helpful parts dealer I ever had to deal
>with is the Freightliner dealer south of Atlanta on 75. The
>counterman took almost two hours going through my list of
>parts, printed off all the diagrams and part numbers and
>even provided some information that he took time to find
>for me that he didn't have to do.

Glad you had a great experience with parts at that dealer. I would caution against having anything to do with the SERVICE DEPT. they were rude and not helpful at all. We went to FL in Macon and were treated well.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Where I went there was no service department. It was a parts only dealer on the west side of 75.