Shipping large electronics cross country overnight

albco

New Recruit
Researching
I've been doing some research trying to find the best way to ship a few heavy computers/monitors cross-country overnight or 2nd day. The most important things for me are reliability (well-packed and not broken) as well as timeliness (arrival next day or within 2 days at most). The best I've come up with is to just contact FedEx or UPS and ask them what they can do but I wasn't sure if there was a better way than that. Ideally, someone would come pack the equipment properly, ship it cross-country within a day or two, then unpack it at the destination. Any suggestions on what service I should be looking for to accomplish this? Thanks!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Any suggestions on what service I should be looking for to accomplish this? Thanks!
Properly only you can answer that. Do you need crates built? Will cardboard boxes be enough? Need to be put on and secured to pallets? Without knowing what the freight is or looks like we can't tell you how it should be shipped or packaged.
I had a load last week that I refused to move until dispatch cleared me of any liability because I didn't like the way it was secured or lack of to the pallets.

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't waste your time with FedEx or UPS. Potential resource would be Craters & Freighters

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If you spend some money for good boxing or crating, you may be able to ship your goods LTL (less than truckload). If this is a true handle-with-care shipment, FedEX White Glove or similar services will meet the need.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Give your local ceva station a call we are able do that, for a price, do pick up than to station , to air port than, to deliver
Cross town, cross country , around the world