Settlement Confusion

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Learning how to figure our Card Settlement Statement and the Contractor Statement had me in flux as I could not get everything to balance... When everything does not balance and I cannot figure out why I stay stressed.

Each week I was not able to balance my records and I could not figure out what in the world I was doing wrong...

I like to break everything out so that I know either what each item I am paid for is or what I am being paid for. The settlement sheets have always been broken out and categorized and I had a continuing error.

This past weekend I finally sat down and started from the beginning and really studied the Card Activity Statement and the Contractor Statement and the lightbulb went on!

My VERY FIRST entry is what started me down the wrong track and then a few minor errors where I did not catch some of the info given caused my problem.

It was a thrilling moment when after three months I finally have my records reconciled!

The Landstar web pages are extensive and I know I have not even touched the tip of the iceberg learning all of the information given.

The help desk and I are getting to know each other on a first name basis ... One thing that keeps impressing me is their patience when dealing with me when i am struggling to understand something. Each time I have came away from these experiences thanking the person I am talking to for helping me and not getting frustrated.

Well I can mark one more thing off that I have learned about the Landstar system.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every time I have had to call headquarters with a question, they have all been patient, helpful and understanding. Every one, in all of the departments I have dealt with, have gone out of their way to answer all of my questions.