Service for OWNER Operators

DYLAN_131

New Recruit
Mechanic
Hello everyone, I'm new here but I am seeking feedback from owner ops regarding my new business.

Here it is; a mobile mechanic business that does PM's and code clearing (including forced regens and the ability to cancel the dreaded DERATE, or "limp mode". All services are performed according to DEALER SPECs

Here's some background on myself. I hopped on my first truck which was a Kenworth T660 when I was 14. My dad owned the truck and I lumped for him (while doing online school). Sadly, he transitioned to hazmat so I had to get off the truck. I went into diesel mechanics and started at Rush Truck Center. I left due to how owner ops were treated. I felt I could provide better service.

I understand the importance of getting you on the road quickly, but doing the job correct the first time so you dont have major issues.

I am gaining access to dealer OEM software shortly, but that doesnt mean I'm starting soon. I'm researching and reaching out to you- the owner operators- the reasons I started this for valuable feedback.

Do these services sound appealing? I have many more things I'm doing to accommodate yall than I mentioned.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
A great idea, But...
Where are you basing your operation and how far will you travel? Will you have a shop that will accommodate a large truck? When mobile, when will you legally and safely perform your work? I suspect shopping centers and truck stops will shun you activity on their site without prearranged authority. I also suspect that roadside work will be time limited when confronted by an LEO who wants the vehicle towed away. I further suspect that there will be a lot of O/O questions to follow.
We wish you success in your search for answers and customers.

Reactions: guido4475

guido4475

Not a Member
Terry asked my questions, but I wish you the best of luck. A very desperately needed service and way of doing business. Thank you.

DYLAN_131

New Recruit
Mechanic
A great idea, But...
Where are you basing your operation and how far will you travel? Will you have a shop that will accommodate a large truck? When mobile, when will you legally and safely perform your work? I suspect shopping centers and truck stops will shun you activity on their site without prearranged authority. I also suspect that roadside work will be time limited when confronted by an LEO who wants the vehicle towed away. I further suspect that there will be a lot of O/O questions to follow.
My operation will be based in Denver and I'm actively working on a service radius. Eventually I will have a shop to accommodate trucks. I'm currently in talks with certain areas/businesses regarding permission to work on trucks. I am insured and working on bonding. I'm going to be coming up with a flat rate for PM's and various other jobs. I also provide PRE and POST job diagnostic printouts and allow my clients to watch me run tests to allow for full transparency. Drive safe and thank you!

DYLAN_131

New Recruit
Mechanic
Terry asked my questions, but I wish you the best of luck. A very desperately needed service and way of doing business. Thank you.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate that. I can see its needed, as no one is doing it the way I want to... while beating shops wait time and price. Drive safe!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A great idea, But...
My operation will be based in Denver and I'm actively working on a service radius. Eventually I will have a shop to accommodate trucks. I'm currently in talks with certain areas/businesses regarding permission to work on trucks. I am insured and working on bonding. I'm going to be coming up with a flat rate for PM's and various other jobs. I also provide PRE and POST job diagnostic printouts and allow my clients to watch me run tests to allow for full transparency. Drive safe and thank you!
Well thats good to know but most of the expediting work (I’m guessing here about 80%) happens east of the Mississippi River. Will keep you in mind if I’m in the neighborhood and need service.