Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see one of those evil cargomax. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It is...but darn it...still shows Ken in the green..lol

Cheri...I feel for you..have you ever considered downsizing?

Judy, this IS downsizing, lol - I started driving OTR in a t/t.
I relate my own experience [with detention] because it's all I can be sure of, but the problem isn't 'all about me', it's all about the issues that every solo expediter who logs has to deal with.
I could drive something that doesn't require logging, [and I've done that too], but it wouldn't solve the problem of detention vs HOS rules that should have been addressed back in 03.
Like I said, the customers got used to wasting time without anyone getting too upset, and it's hard to make them quit now. I'm putting my money on FMCSA being convinced [by someone with more clout than the thousands of drivers who've requested it] to put the split sleeper back the way it was before 03. At least until the shippers and receivers can be persuaded to correct the issues that keep us sitting for hours at their docks.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Judy, this IS downsizing, lol - I started driving OTR in a t/t.
I relate my own experience [with detention] because it's all I can be sure of, but the problem isn't 'all about me', it's all about the issues that every solo expediter who logs has to deal with.
I could drive something that doesn't require logging, [and I've done that too], but it wouldn't solve the problem of detention vs HOS rules that should have been addressed back in 03.
Like I said, the customers got used to wasting time without anyone getting too upset, and it's hard to make them quit now. I'm putting my money on FMCSA being convinced [by someone with more clout than the thousands of drivers who've requested it] to put the split sleeper back the way it was before 03. At least until the shippers and receivers can be persuaded to correct the issues that keep us sitting for hours at their docks.

Best hopes of improving this is supply and demand vs regulation. But we wont see the real effect until the economy picks up strong again, IMHO.