Canada Semi-trailer driver who caused Humboldt Broncos crash had 70 violations in 11 days

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If that driver returns to the industry and and wants to run like that, he should buy a $printer.
What’s wrong with that statement?

guido4475

Not a Member
If that driver returns to the industry and and wants to run like that, he should buy a $printer.
What’s wrong with that statement?

I highly doubt if he will be able to drive after this tragic accident.

And it's not about what he was driving, but about stupidity and greed.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I highly doubt if he will be able to drive after this tragic accident.

And it's not about what he was driving, but about stupidity and greed.
Actually, the Stick has a point. On the FB site (which I gave up because of too many idiots) the incidence of "Non-ELD" units with drivers bragging about their many 30+ hour direct runs is staggering. Often saying "a little covefe and I can drive 2000 miles" straight through. Guido, you are correct about greed and stupidity, but, other than vans commercial drivers can't get away with it now.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the pay scale has as much to do with it as the individual.

Why pay per mile? Against a clock, just encourages cheating.

You can say I get paid per mile, but it's just a way of measuring. My run, my time, my choice how to complete. 12 hours or 36, it's under my control, and my carrier will pay me regardless.

Not everyone works under the same conditions. Tell me his Dispatch wasn't aware of what was happening

Should speed up ELD's here in Canada, and hopefully prompt all carriers to both pay properly and run within reason (and hopefully put an end to 75 mph highway tractors flying by me in whiteout conditions)

Reactions: Worn Out Manager