Seeking Current info on Panther, Anyone Good or Bad appreciated>

xcntrycpl

Seasoned Expediter
We are a husband and wife team thinking of Joining the Panther fleet. We are new to expediting, and would be driving a tractor with 53 foot box. Any information is appreciated.

HockeyRob

Seasoned Expediter
As a Now Former Driver for Panther, I can tell you both the Good and the Bad about Panther. Now I was a Cargo Van Driver; and I ended up Quitting because they never could consistently get me Good Loads with Good Mileage and Good Money! To add it seemed that whenever they wanted to make My Life Miserable, they usually went out of their way to do so. Such as Putting Me Out of Service for Turning Down Loads I felt were Unsuitable, or Taking Good Loads with Good Mileage and Good Money Away from me (Swaps). However; things may be different in your Situation. But in mine; I simply wasn't making enough Money to Justify Being out on the Road for 4 to 6 Weeks at a time. In other Words; the Sacrifices and the Commitment that I gave them wasn't being Rewarded. In addition they always were Dispatching Me to Areas of the Country that I did not want to go to. Best thing I can tell you is I wish you the Best of Luck.:mad:

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
What kind of experience do you have with the trucking industry?
Are you bringing your own truck or are going to be driving for somebody else (fleet owner)?

Have you read thru the new comers section?

Noticed I asked a few question before I offer any advice. I currently drive for Panther with a fleet owner and have been for almost 2 years.

shaw8999

Seasoned Expediter
MY husband has been driving with Panther for 4 years The biggest gripe we have poor communcation other then that they are pretty good as long your a team. If drive solo its a losing sitution for everyone involued.:D

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
If you are solo, its going to be hard anywhere you go...unless, you live in your truck and that is the only thing you own.

What is up with California? I am parked at a TA and there are so many people living in their cars, it sad...I see them come for the night leave during the day, then come back at night to sleep. I am talking over 12 cars I have seen over the weekend to this routine.

The things we take for granted, it is sad.:(

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
California? Well let's see.... average rent for a 1 bedroom apartment is around 1200 a month in a crap neighborhood. House payments are generally 2200 or more. My 21 year old son rents my house in Orange County for 3300 and that barely covers the mortgage.... my tax on that property is 8500 per year...

If you have kids, $60k per year is below the poverty line. I have five of them, two in Cali and three in Georgia. A house in both states, although here in GA my house is over twice the size and less than 1/4 the price.

Yeah. Lots of homeless people in California. With 11 million in LA County alone, there's bound to be.

fired at you from my Droideka