Sea Foam, yes or no?

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a new 2018 Promaster. It was suggested I start using Sea Foam occasionally, because Promasters get injector troubles down the line.

Is this true?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Don't know about the Promaster in particular, but in general I don't believe in any additives. I drove my Sprinter (I know, different animal) for almost 800k miles with no additive whatsoever. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't waste my money on any additives.

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't know about the Promaster in particular, but in general I don't believe in any additives. I drove my Sprinter (I know, different animal) for almost 800k miles with no additive whatsoever. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't waste my money on any additives.

I appreciate that. I’m from the same school of thought, less is more. The Owners Manual doesn’t say use an additive, only 87 octane fuel. Just stay punctual with the required maintenance and the rest falls into place.

Still, I was curious, because if this was an issue with Promaster engines, and I could avoid it by starting early, I certainly would. I just don’t think an additive is the cure, otherwise I’d be seeing a lot about it.