School Busses

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
What would be your punishment for anyone that drives through a stopped bus that is loading or unloading kids? It seems there has been an increase of drivers cars running through busses that are loading and unloading school kids.... My opinion, $10,000 dollar fine, and 90 days in jail, if no kids were injured----------,if a kid gets hit or dies, 15 years in prison,,,

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What would be your punishment for anyone that drives through a stopped bus that is loading or unloading kids? It seems there has been an increase of drivers cars running through busses that are loading and unloading school kids.... My opinion, $10,000 dollar fine, and 90 days in jail, if no kids were injured----------,if a kid gets hit or dies, 15 years in prison,,,

wow

In my opinion:
Six month suspension of driver’s license AND
Six points on license AND
$750 fine

All these on the first offense. Subsequent offenses: double each figure above.

Conviction of a driver for these offenses requires that the driver be stopped by the police. If the driver cannot be identified or there are no police in the area, the car owner should be liable for the fine above and a 90 day suspension of the registration. This could be enforced by installing cameras on each bus.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First offense $1000 fine and 1000 hours community service.
Second offense $5000 fine and 10,000 hours community service.
Third offense loss of drivers license for life, forfeiture of motor vehicle, 25,000 hours community service.

Also, mandatory video review of said rules before license will be issued/renewed along with reminder of above penalties for violation.