Saying Goodbye to Expediting and Hello to Emergency Response (again)

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have accepted the position of Vice President for SEMO Environmental and will be managing the Emergency Response, Railroad, Remediation and Demolition Divisions for three response locations in Southeast Missouri, Eastern Missouri and Southern Iowa...

I would like to thank everyone who has helped and friended me on this forum... I also want to give a big thanks to On-Call Logistics, Preacher Rich and Blizzard for giving me a chance and teaching me the ropes in expediting...

Thanks again for all your help and friendships, they are greatly appreciated!!!

Saving the World, One Spill at a Time...
Hazmat

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Hope it works out for ya..Be safe in the line of work..

Remember if its a trucking related spill, its always an allowable level :cool:

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's a few photos for your viewing pleasure of some of my past projects and what I'll be doing again...
002.jpg009.jpg018.jpg027.JPG033.jpg042.jpg046.jpg055.jpg070.jpg075.jpg076.jpg102.jpg117.jpg141.jpg148.jpg149.jpg172.jpg173.jpg183.jpg190.jpg191.jpg199.jpg208.jpg214.jpg216.jpg

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any idea on the average cost of an accident that involves a truck carrying hazmat?

The Last year I was in the Business was 2009 and that year we did over 150 spills at an average cost of $7,000.00 per which included leaking drums to tractor trailer accidents...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Hey John, just saw this. The expedite industry is losing a true professional.

I wish you and your family all the best!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The reality of the matter is that things are very slow right now for cargo vans and box trucks. Why sit in a parking lot for 1-2 weeks wasting your life away when you can get a real job and be properly compensated for your time and effort? It was an honor to work with you Hazmat. You are a stand up driver. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Good luck Hazmat .... but before you go ..... that first picture .... is it the grease from the McDonalds in those barrels? :rolleyes:

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck Hazmat .... but before you go ..... that first picture .... is it the grease from the McDonalds in those barrels? :rolleyes:

That was a load that came out of Laredo of cardboard drums with a plastic liner (trash bag)containing frozen food packaging glue... The driver slammed on his brakes and the load shifted forward resulting in the majority of the cardboard drums leaking glue... Needless to say DOT had a major issue with the packaging and we had to overpack every drum on the truck...