Saving money,,,really?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
3635548_fgh.jpg

The tags on the clothes usually say made in Vietnam,,,wonderful. The 50 to 100 dollar list price is what gets me ----------yep we are all easy prey imho. I'll just stick with my "I love Skoals", wife beater T-shirt....lmao

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
3635548_fgh.jpg

The tags on the clothes usually say made in Vietnam,,,wonderful. The 50 to 100 dollar list price is what gets me ----------yep we are all easy prey imho. I'll just stick with my "I love Skoals", wife beater T-shirt....lmao
If one is smart enough, one can buy similar clothes made in Asia directly from manufacturers for 10-15% of what you pay at stores which get it shipped here in bulk and "pass the savings" on to you.

Reactions: skyraider

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The 10-15% of retail is spot on, because the retail markup is in the 80-90% range. Whatever the retail price is, you can bet the cost of labor and materials is about 10% of that. For a time my mom worked for a clothing designer in New York (Paula Saker). Saker did designs under her own label, but a lot of what she did was exclusive stuff for stores like Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Saks and Bloomingdales under the store brand labels. There were, for example, dresses that sold for $2000 at Barkeys New York that my mom bought for $150. She had some pantsuits and skirtsuits for work that she paid $50 for, that sold for $500-$750 in the stores.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There isn't much similar except looks when it comes to knock offs.
Label is what is missing on some clothes, that's it.
I can direct you to place in China that sells iPhones without logo. Looks identical (probably made in same place, or copied precisely in the next plant).
No warranty, but hey, it's not priced tenfold either.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to sell knockoffs. 95% of them are not the same quality. Thanks i appreciate the off but I know plenty Chinese sites including the two biggest.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to sell knockoffs. 95% of them are not the same quality. Thanks i appreciate the off but I know plenty Chinese sites including the two biggest.
True.
Unfortunately quality does cost ten times more here.

Reactions: xiggi