S/T drivers needed

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You said a new division with Covenant. Is that with the trucking company?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Tomtom

Active Expediter
If it is Covenant, they own Star and some reefer company. And it fits considering they are both in Chattanooga.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Well you know if US Xpress is going to do it, the rival family member must also! I would anticipate the same type of contract.

Tomtom

Active Expediter
Well you know if US Xpress is going to do it, the rival family member must also! I would anticipate the same type of contract.

I don't think it is true expedite. I have seen tt in El Paso but that was more contact freight. Also isn't USX only a minority owner? But who knows what Covenant is doing.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I don't think it is true expedite. I have seen tt in El Paso but that was more contact freight. Also isn't USX only a minority owner? But who knows what Covenant is doing.

How much of what we haul anymore is true expedite?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Tomtom

Active Expediter
So true but that off shoot company just seems to be running team contract freight. That is what traditional trucking companies calls expedite. Covenant as well. I sent Bill an email to get more details. Not interested in moving but good to know what competition is doing.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Yes, this is the Chattanooga Covenant (and Nashville Star) that I am talking about. And it is not going to be run like the other carriers that are trying to play in this area. Stand-alone dispatch with people that have expedite experience, direct freight and personal attention. As the company managing the dispatch, we are small and can provide the attention that many like about working with a small company. But also capitalize on the financial strength and resources of a large carrier.

Our first orientation is only going to be with 5 units and we will keep it to 20-units in the first couple months before growing.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yes, this is the Chattanooga Covenant (and Nashville Star) that I am talking about. And it is not going to be run like the other carriers that are trying to play in this area. Stand-alone dispatch with people that have expedite experience, direct freight and personal attention. As the company managing the dispatch, we are small and can provide the attention that many like about working with a small company. But also capitalize on the financial strength and resources of a large carrier.

Our first orientation is only going to be with 5 units and we will keep it to 20-units in the first couple months before growing.

Are you going to be operating the same way as Covenant or separate doing your own thing? Obviously Covenant has a less than stellar reputation in the trucking industry.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Are you going to be operating the same way as Covenant or separate doing your own thing? Obviously Covenant has a less than stellar reputation in the trucking industry.

Covenant will be handling all the compliance side of the business and we are managing the freight and driver relationships. Even when a driver has to deal with safety or logs the driver manager on our side will be involved. We will use their orientation but we will have our people present at all times plus making sure they have a chance to come to our offices and meet everyone. They even gave us the OK to take drivers off-site for lunch and dinner during training. We have always taken our drivers to a nice dinner during orientation and made sure they are not eating pizza for lunch. Doesn't sound like much but it's the little details that make a difference.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Covenant will be handling all the compliance side of the business and we are managing the freight and driver relationships. Even when a driver has to deal with safety or logs the driver manager on our side will be involved. We will use their orientation but we will have our people present at all times plus making sure they have a chance to come to our offices and meet everyone. They even gave us the OK to take drivers off-site for lunch and dinner during training. We have always taken our drivers to a nice dinner during orientation and made sure they are not eating pizza for lunch. Doesn't sound like much but it's the little details that make a difference.

Very true, the turnover rate wouldn't be nearly as high if companies cared a little more.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Very true, the turnover rate wouldn't be nearly as high if companies cared a little more.

It is challenging in small companies to balance the personal relationship and compliance. And it seems impossible when you are talking 3,000+ power units. But Covenant does it better than most at this size.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
It took me a little while to nail down all the details on the pay. I think I have sent messages to most of you that contacted me but in case I forgot someone I thought I would post them here.

70% of Gross + FSC (week of 7/29/13 - $.4155 per mile)
All tolls paid
Cost plus fuel program (3,000+ power units buying power)
No upfront costs
Weekly settlements

Established customers with steady freight

Big company benefits (Covenant) with family atmosphir driver management (Farm2Fleet).

Looking for both teams and solos.

Email me for more information and we can discuss more details.