Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I have it. Again. Twice in two years.

It's hard to express how much RMSF sucks. I don't feel like doing anything, everything hurts, and all my thoughts are confused.

Doxycycline is the standard treatment. It has one notable side effect. Your dreams are very intense. You are either gettin' freaky with the entire Norwegian women's ski team, or you are getting stabbed. No in-between on the intensity level.
Last night I dreamt that I pried one of my molars out.

It's gonna be a long month!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I noticed the antibiotic Cipro has that same effect: weird dreams. [If they are the same medication, it's cause I'm too long out of nursing to remember, and too lazy to look it up.]
RMSF sounds horrible, but it could be worse: many women are unaware of the way some antibiotics can cancel out their birth control pills: surprise! :eek:

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I had a dream about ramen noodles last night, so that's what I ate for breakfast.

Man, I feel like :censoredsign:. A boat has been left in my yard while I was asleep. Phone blowing up, people wanting things repaired.

Go away!!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night I dreamt that I pried one of my molars out.
Ouch! You're a mechanic and I just got a nasty mental image of a 6' high tool chest with all the drawers open. I guess when it comes to pulling teeth your tools aren't that much different than a dentist's tools.

Did you put milk on your ramen noodles?