Roberts Express

Bob

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Ok, who is going to post the first complaint about Roberts.
Like the new format!

G

Let me see if I can help.
I am Joe from Carmen Graphics. We were honored to be chosen as the design team for the new Expediters Online
and have since become very interested in the expediting business. In an effort to accomodate the faithful visitors
of this site, I would like to lodge the first fomal complaint against Roberts Express!! With the competition as fierce as it is in the expediting community, I can't help but wonder why
Roberts Express has not seized the moment and grabbed up all the advertising on this site.
I know that's not much of a complaint, but, its the best I could come up with on short notice. I think I'll write an email to the webmaster, maybe we could have a "best complaint about Roberts Express" contest..
Any entries???

G

i have been with roberts almost 4 yrs up until this last year every thing was great but now we are doing to many dead head miles, when we go home and then go back into service we have to wait 33 hours before we are put back on the board to get a run, we live in the nyc area before they started the dva system we never had a problem getting a run out, most of the runs we get now are tps with the d/h to p/u and then the d/h to the express center we are only getting 70 to 80 cts per mile, we are a team and cannot make make it on just tps runs, lets hear from other roberts drivers and see if they are having the same problem, we are ready to quit

G

Guess I was to late to be the first. We have heard most of the complaints about Roberts here on the forums, I am curious though, how many of you out there in Cyberland have done something about the situation there in Akron. Curious as to what the turnover rate is there. So lets hear from all those out there who have left Roberts since the beginning of the year, and who you decided to lease on with. Of course we need to know how things are going with the new company too. TPS,DVA :(

G

Dva?
I love DVA. Pass me another Beer bartender. I love DVA. I love DVA. I love DVA. Nuff said. :p

The X :eek:

G

I hear Panther II is paying 80 cents per mile across the board for ever run. Why don't you try them?

G

Nice job on this site,I have been with Roberts almost 13 yrs,going back to before the c link days,Are u aware that discounted auto freight paid more in 1987 then it does now. In 1987 a GM load at 62% paid about $1.16 per mile for a d load and $1.03 for A C load.My personal chain is stretched to the breaking point and as our friend the Expediter says "pass me another COORS",one of these days the Coors will run out and so will I..

G

with roberts being the largest expediting co. it is no wonder they get more complaints than the rest, as for me things generally are great. sure i have to deadhead some but when u look at the big picture things are good. i have been o/o since dec. and am doing better than anticipated. i just try to look for positive things to dwell on instead of the negative. negative? sure they gotem but i have determined that they are worth putting up with for the rewards i recieve. any other happy o/o out there. must be they are still the
biggest

G

I couldn't help but to see panther's name mentioned.. just to correct a statment made.. it's .85cents per mile B units 1.25 for cubevans.1.35 c&d and 1.60 for tractors. I hear staight trucks are doing well. but there are not hiring anymore cargo vans
Eli

G

Just to compare, I run for $1.10 to $1.45 a mile in US Dollars, with Dynamex out of Cambridge Ontario. We unfortunately do not hire US based operators, but Dynamex US is looking for good people, see their web site, Dynamex.com. Jim Bunting...

G

I recommend Con-Way Now. A great company and their good
teams that can stay out for 3 weeks at a time are grossing
$15,000 monthly. I know. My wife and I were "Professional
Business Owners of the Year" in 1998. I highly recommend them an
would be glad to answer any questions. 800-972-7593

G

Sue sounds like Mr Howsworth is a recruiter,anybody know any Conway recruiters.I have heard that Conway!s deadhead is quite high.No point in grossing 15K if you have to drive 20K miles to do it..

G

Why is everyone always picking on Roberts, from my understanding they must be the best company out there. With them you will never ever have to think for yourself, and let's not forget the benefits of being able to see the country while you are deadheading all over the place, and once you finish deadheading to the destination they have told you to go to, you will have plenty of time to see the sights while you wait for (?) hours/days for them to "offer" you your next discounted load. Lets not forget they will offer you even more time to see the sights if you decide to turn it down.
Now I ask you, where else could you get all of these benefits? From what I have heard the other companies out there actually want to see your truck moving with a load on board.

Randy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't know where you are getting your info from but of all the trucking companies out there NONE pay as good as roberts. Try hauling a wagon around for .77 cpm! Yes that incudes NYC. Nobody beats these kinda rates. I'm in trucking heaven. I yanking my other truck off Trucks R Us

E ????