Roberts Express memories

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I used to have one in the old Cleveland Browns colors before Caliber took over and changed the colors.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Lawrence... were the sleepers really that big compared to the rest of the truck? I seem to remember them being closer to the actual size on the screen. :p

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
What does that tell ya? Ten more years from now the norm will be 96", and the super sleeper will include a jacuzzi and a Philipino masseuse standard. :D

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
What does that tell ya? Ten more years from now the norm will be 96", and the super sleeper will include a jacuzzi and a Philipino masseuse standard. :D

Can I put a Bow-Flex in mine? Probably need to work off that truckstop cuisine. Heck, we'll just install a shopping mall for my wife.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Ok, I noticed that the original link I gave is no longer valid. It may be because I (and maybe a few others) bought the trucks this company had in stock, and so it didn't even show as an inventory item.

Well, I got a knock on the door today, and lo and behold, there stood Mr. Brown socks delivering my little truck. So here's a pic of it. There's more to come later. The barn doors open, showing all of the detail of the box, including e-track. The front doors and the hood pop open, showing the details of the cab and engine. The entire top of the sleeper comes off, showing a double bunk, microwave, TV and oak cabinetry.

Attachments

• toy_expediter_eo.jpg
    toy_expediter_eo.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 18

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We use to have Ford's and they had a mega sleeper of 36 inches. They made a nice double bunk as one could use the sleeper and the other would lay across the front bench seat.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
have 25 roberts denim shirts,still in plastic bags,bought with points from on time delivery,remeber those points?