Richard Petty Driving School / Las Vegas

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
http://www.1800bepetty.com/experience/TrackFacts.aspx?trackid={0C0AE465-AD30-4AC7-BE4C-A621230CFBAB}

We attended the Experience this past weekend and had a blast. Yep it is pricey but wow was it worth it. The track is near the Petro in Las Vegas and you can get a truck to the Experience area very easily and the staff is very accommodating. You just follow the signs to the Experience, through the tunnels to pit row and there is plenty of parking.

We had signed Bob up for the Kings Experience online and then went and checked the track out on Friday night. It looked like so much fun I tried to sign up for the Rookie Experience on line but it was full. We went to the track and they easily fit me into a class so even if the online says they are full go check with them at the track.

Attachments

• Bob.jpg
    Bob.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Linda.jpg
    Linda.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC05600.jpg
    DSC05600.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 21

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
I bet ya'll had a blast! We did the race cars in our race shop for the Monster Mile Adventure at Dover Downs. They were all Bobby Allison Cars, purchased when he shut down, most of them wrecked. We fixed them up and they still run them today!

One of our drivers, Dickie Boswell, just had the the pinnacle of his racing career...His son Richard Boswell got his first Nationwide Series start this weekend driving Dale Jr.'s number 5 car, qualifying 3rd. We are very proud of him, so ya'll keep an eye out for him.

Scott

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That would be too cool. I sure hope part of the King's experience includes lemonade at the finish line.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Linder...just had to bust out..... the need for speed.......she's actually a "closet" speeder :D

Sounds like a blast!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Oh ya Bob and I both really like speed in the right circumstances!

We really did have a blast and something we will not soon forget. We have both been tht fast before but it sure feels different on a track and making those turns. We have a year to use our half price discount at any other track where the Richard Petty Experience is at. Sure would like to try Talladega with those high banks.

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
Did you guys have the "Tunnel" sensation where the walls seem to close in off of the corners? Watching racing on TV and out the windshield are two different animals! Linda, you need to try Charlotte, they have one there too, and their garage is right next to the race track back entrance. How did your dog handle the noise? While you were there, did you go over and see the Shelby cars?

Scott

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You are right there was a tunnel affect and the track in a HECK of a lot smaller then it looks. I was amazed at how short the straight aways were. I was also amazed at how hard it was to keep the car straight and how easy it was to go through the turns. I thought the wall might intimidate me but we did a couple turns up next to the wall and no problem. I was also able to pass a car and that was fun. We have a friend that has drove Charlotte and really enjoyed it someday maybe...

Molly does not hear well and she is not gun shy so noise really doesn't bother her.

Bob really wants to go tour the Shelby place and so far Brandy and I have not given him time. I think next time we are in Las Vegas we will drop him off to tour and her and I will go run. The only car museum that has ever held my interest was the Don Garlits museum in Ocala Fl which by the way has truck parking. That man was a true pack rat and some of the memorabilia he has is amazing.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd check around and see if any of them provide lemonade to the finishers.