Rev's Ride 1

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Welcome back my friends...to the show that never ends.

589_8916.jpg

589_8914.jpg

589_8919.jpg

CB ANTENNA MOUNT --- SWR CAME OUT AT 1:1

589_8913.jpg

FIA SNAP ON BUG SCREEN --- WHEN IT GETS COLD A WINTER FRONT SNAPS ON IN PLACE OF THE BUG SCREEN

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Re: Rev's Ride 2

589_8912.jpg

CHICKEN LIGHTS --- NOW I CAN SIT AND EAT WITH THE BIG TRUCKERS --- LOL

588_8885.jpg

INSTALLED E-TRACK AND D-RINGS --- USED CUT OFF E-TRACK PIECES ON SIDEWALLS --- REFLECTIX INSULATION ON BUNK WALL

588_8886.jpg

588_8887.jpg

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Re: Rev's Ride 3

588_8892.jpg

NEW BUMPER TO BANG. OUCH!!!

588_8895.jpg

60 LED TUBE LIGHT --- ANOTHER ONE IN BUNK AREA TOO --- IF I TURN THE ON/OFF SWITCH FAST ENOUGH THE REFLECTION BOUNCING OFF THE FOIL INSULATION REMINDS ME OF A DISCO.

589_8909.jpg

WOW! I CAN ACTUALLY STAND UP AND GET DRESSED WITHOUT BUMPING MY HEAD OR FALLING DOWN.

589_8910.jpg

DRAPES FROM LOWE'S. REGULAR $29.99 EACH. ON SALE AT $5.62. wHAT A DEAL. USED 5 FOOT PIECE OF PVC PIPE AND THREE PLASTIC PIPE CLAMPS FOR MY ROD. A REGULAR ROD WAS $24.95. THE PVC PIPE AND CLAMPS WAS $4.67.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Re: Rev's Ride 4

589_8907.jpg

A REAL BUNK!!! A REAL BED!!! LOTS OF ROOM!!! I ACTUALLY BUILT SOMETHING.

589_8904.jpg

MATTRESS AND RED CABINETS (NEEDED A LITTLE COLOR IN MY LIFE) CAME FROM IKEA.

589_8905.jpg

BED --- 2X4 ON WALL AT EACH END --- 2X4 WITH A 1X6 ATTACHED TO THE SIDE OF THE 2X4 FOR EACH BED RAIL

589_8902.jpg

BED SLAT SYSTEM FROM IKEA (NO BOX SPRING NEEDED). THE SLATS ARE CURVED BIRCH AND THAT MAKES THEM SPRINGY. THE SLATS UNDER YOUR HIP AREA ARE DOUBLED FOR EXTRA SUPPORT. THERE ARE RUBBER CUSHIONS AT THE END OF EACH SLAT. THE HEAD AREA HAS A RATCHET SYSTEM THAT ALLOWS ME TO ELEVATE MY HEAD FOR READING OR SLEEPING COMFORT. IT RESTS ON TOP ON THE 2X4 BED RAILS. REALLY COOL.

Reactions: RAllensworth

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Great pictures! Now being the picky one that I am :p What kind of storage will you have for personal stuff? Can we see pictures of that?

Oops....I spoke too soon :eek: :D

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Re: Rev's Ride 5

589_8901.jpg

NOTE THE RUBBER CUSHIONS AT THE ENDS OF THE SLATS

589_8906.jpg

INSTALLED INDOOR/OUTDOOR CARPET THAT HAS A RUBBER BACKING UNDER BUNK AREA AND SEALED WITH SILICONE. REASON? THE CARPET COVERS THE CARGO TYPE FLOORING AND IT TENDS TO EXPAND AND CONTRACT WITH THE WEATHER; THEREFORE, IT ALLOWS DUST TO WORK THROUGH THE SMALL GAPS. THANKS TO DRAGONRIDER FOR THAT HINT.

588_8898.jpg

588_8900.jpg

ANOTHER IKEA PRODUCT. THESE ARE SHOE CABINETS. THEY COME IN PACKAGES OF THREE. I HAVE 4 ACROSS THE TOP AND TWO UNDER THAT ROW. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO INTERLOCK BOTH SIDE-TO-SIDE AND TOP-TO-BOTTOM. I ROLL UP MY CLOTHES, TOWEL, JACKET, ETC. AND USE THEM AS CLOTHING CABINETS. THEY PULL OPEN FROM THE TOP AND RST AT AN ANGLE WHEN OPEN.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking good David! What is the GVWR? I'm assuming 10,000#. Any idea what the two extra tires and rims weigh? Do you carry a spare tire? Can you share an empty weight with you and your gear onboard?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Re: Rev's Ride 3

WOW! I CAN ACTUALLY STAND UP AND GET DRESSED WITHOUT BUMPING MY HEAD OR FALLING DOWN.

David,

I can see it's plenty tall now but how does it give you a new skill? :p :D Just teasing you of course. It is really sharp looking! Did you check into aluminum wheels and what the difference in empty weight would be? I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
inspirational!!

how high up is that bunk, 40" or more?

when does the invertor and appliances go in?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Espar will be installed later this summer. Maybe a small inverter for the laptop, but I really do not sit in the truck when it is stopped.

All my food can be prepared with hot water and is dry packaged; hence, no appliances.

Good thought about the aluminum wheels. I need to check on those.

Bunk area is 85" high and the bed is about 40+ off the floor. I have a small plastic step stool to get make the distance.

Funny, sleeping up high makes me feel more secure. Most be the bird in me. :D

Heat rises, so I set the bunk high for that reason.

It has been great getting a good night's sleep.

Just went back into service on Thursday. Got a nice run at 8pm to York, SC (526 miles). I figured on sitting at the "J" in Blacksburg for a few days....and here I sit. Weather is good and enjoying my new RV...I mean...truck. :)

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I wanted to take a moment to say a special thank you to my sales consultant at Aerocell.

Ms. Jennifer Nietopski answered probably 50+ emails and phone calls from me regarding this unit. Most sales people would have simply given up and moved on to the next potential customer. Not Jen! She continued to follow-up with me over a 6 month period and kept asking the right questions to resolve my reluctance in placing an order.

She was my advocate and worked with the engineering department when it came to making the proper modifications to meet my particular application.

I highy recommend Ms. Nietopski and the folks at Unicell. ;)

Make sure you tell her that I sent you if you decide to contact Unicell.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What a well thought out practical truck!! A great balance of creature comforts with money making ability, hope ya put a patent on it!!

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Piper 1,

This makes my third truck since January 2006.

The other two were standard cargo vans. That gave me two years of sleeping on the floors of those trucks to think about what I would do given the opportunity to get a truck like this one.

I would sit on the floor of those other vans staring up at the ceiling and walls, dreaming and planning for this day.

Who knows, maybe I see if somebody wants to buy this too!

It has been fun putting it together. :)

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey David,

Are we looking at spots for 4 skids in the cargo area? Gotta get them C loads too! Nice design. Maybe we'll run into each other soon.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sweet Ride Rev.!! I knew sooner or Later somebody would Build one that was Nice Looking and Workable.

Marty

Veteran Expediter
What special requests did you ask Unicell to do in order to make your van better for your job?