Retired, but still dream about my Expediting Career

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Even after being retired for 6 years I still dream about those days at1572156964773.jpg least once a week. My Career spanned 25 years from 1988 to 2013. Most of the miles as a team in a "C". I started out with a B and ended up in a B. Thought I would put up a collage of my 1572156964773.jpgvarious rigs.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Thanks for sharing the pictures! These past fifteen years have been awesome and we have created a lot of great memories. Now hoping for another fifteen years of doing something we really enjoy. You have to look back on your career and laugh over some of the things that happened and that you were able to do. Enjoy retirement.

Reactions: redytrk

Warrior

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
The call of the road never goes away. I am behind a desk and spent my weekend rescuing my old truck and drove it 1,000 miles, and never regretted leaving the road until now. Behind the wheel, truck purring down the road, and wife by my side..........always in my blood and I thank you for all the pics of "back in the day" trucks, I do remember it fondly myself.

Reactions: redytrk

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
And the good old Brown/Orange Days!

That is what I heard. But I started my expediting career in the Blue days and I made the most money/best rates on a consistent basis in a van with them.
Thanks for the photos. They reminded me of some good times.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I came off the road in 2013 after 10 years of D and C-unit team expediting. Those were good years. It was a great run that we do not regret. As far as missing the road goes, we miss the good parts. That photo of the snow-covered C-unit reminds me why we moved to Florida. Thankfully, we're in a job now that we love as much as we loved expediting then.