repostion down?

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
down all over, has happened before on week ends. makes it harder to decide on where to go internet and panther site are only help , dispatch is lame on weekends.:(

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Yeah trying to find out why we got bumped down on the board from 1st to 2nd overnight and it's not showing the one that bumped us as having a first out. And yes you can't get anybody one the phone. Wooo finally just now answered the phone. Getting the same BS. We are in MO as well at the Petro in Oak Grove.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
yea finally got the O/S trick to work headed out of kc now.

the trick is go O/S for 5 min and then go back in service, make sure you say your going out for more than 24 hours

Falligator

Expert Expediter
At least you ain't in Texas like I am...Houston sucks..!:mad:
It was 102 here yesterday and today isn't looking much better It sucks when I have to leave my van running at night just so I can sleep....

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
At the price of fuel today you would be better off getting a motel room for about $10.00 more then what it costs to run the van for 8 hours. Not to mention the van over heating while your sleeping. Texas usually has some cheap motels around 35-40 dollars a night. If you know your delivering in a particular state, stop at the first rest area entering that state and get the motel coupon books. travel coupons the "red one" usually has the lowest rates. Not to mention having a tv with cable, bigger bed, A/C, room to move around and a 10.00 savings on a shower if you don't have any on your frequent fueler card or not being near a flying J. besides if you got a run to Tx. you can afford a couple nights in a motel. Might as well be comfortable and rested.

tblount

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah trying to find out why we got bumped down on the board from 1st to 2nd overnight and it's not showing the one that bumped us as having a first out. And yes you can't get anybody one the phone. Wooo finally just now answered the phone. Getting the same BS. We are in MO as well at the Petro in Oak Grove.

Word on the street is that fleet owners call dispatch and threaten to take all their truck to another company if they don't get their driver(s) a quick load. This is the reason smaller expedite companies won't allow a fleet owner to put on more than 5 trucks.

All I know for sure is that you will get a LOT of bs when you call in and ask why your position went down after sitting for days. They usually first say that you moved your truck then when you say you didn't they start talking about mini runs that came in with first out... then when you ask why you weren't offered those mini runs they don't have an answer. Something is going on that is definitely unfair.