Reply From Ander Crenshaw In Congress On H.R.1773

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Dear Tim:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opinion regarding H.R. 1773, the Safe American Roads Act of 2007. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this matter.

Representative Nancy Boyda introduced this legislation to prohibit the Secretary of Transportation from granting a license to operate a truck within the United States to any individual domiciled in Mexico . The bill provides for a pilot project which will allow no more than 100 drivers the ability to operate within the United States and prohibits the Secretary of Transportation from implementing this pilot project until an extensive study is completed to assess how the program will affect the safety of American roads and highways.

As you may be aware, on May 15, 2007 I supported this bill which overwhelmingly passed the United States House of Representatives by 411-3. It is now pending before the United States Senate. Rest assured that I will keep your views and thoughts in mind should this legislation come back to the House floor for further consideration.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance on this matter or if you would like additional information on this topic or other issues facing Congress, please visit my Website at http://crenshaw.house.gov .

Sincerely,

Ander Crenshaw

Member of Congress

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
RE: Reply From Ander Crenshaw In Congress On H.R.

that sounds all fine and good, but if they let 100 in the next you know it will be a thousand and so on. simply put once its started it will never stop. that's why i hope they never let them start.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter

One way to make it difficult for these programs to gain support is to stay in touch with your elected representative and senators as Tim and others has done advising them of your opinion.

A very small percentage of registered voters ever contact their elected officials and voice their opinions.

If the majority of truckers contacted and voiced their opinion this pilot program would be a dead issue.

A while ago I read an article that stated folks who aren't registered voters are usually the ones who complain the most with their doomsday theories on almost every issue.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

>One way to make it difficult for these programs to gain
>support is to stay in touch with your elected representative
>and senators as Tim and others has done advising them of
>your opinion.
>
>A very small percentage of registered voters ever contact
>their elected officials and voice their opinions.
>
>If the majority of truckers contacted and voiced their
>opinion this pilot program would be a dead issue.
>
>A while ago I read an article that stated folks who aren't
>registered voters are usually the ones who complain the most
>with their doomsday theories on almost every issue.

See this is my point with my signature line. I think that many 'truckers' in general don't vote, they don't care to vote and when they complain, the reps and senators don't care to listen - hence the 'they don't listen to us anyway so why bother' attitude.

I think that if people would take the time to first learn the basics, write a letter, call and make it a point to travel (instead of making that 4th trip to Disney) to DC and meet with their reps, senator or staff, it would make a big difference - but again we are worried more about Paris and now Lindsay than we are with the invasion of our country or terrorist.

Poor Lindsay!