Replacing Cab

Eric1

Active Expediter
Hello Everyone,

I was looking at a straight truck today, the guy replaced the cab on it and has no idea what the GVW on it is. How would i go about finding that out since the sticker on the inside of the door is either no longer there or not the right one.

Thanks

guido4475

Not a Member
Hello Everyone,

I was looking at a straight truck today, the guy replaced the cab on it and has no idea what the GVW on it is. How would i go about finding that out since the sticker on the inside of the door is either no longer there or not the right one.

Thanks

On the frame in several spots the vin# will be stamped in it.Take that to the dealer and have them run it, and get a build sheet, or as International calls it, a line setting ticket for the truck, and that should take care of that.I had a friend that had a truck that was put together with different parts, and he got stopped in Jersey.Well, the DOT officer just happened to notice the different serial #'s everywhere,and to make a long story short, it was a huge mess.They wouldn't let him move.Replaced cab....was it a rollover?makes me wonder.

Eric1

Active Expediter
On the frame in several spots the vin# will be stamped in it.Take that to the dealer and have them run it, and get a build sheet, or as International calls it, a line setting ticket for the truck, and that should take care of that.I had a friend that had a truck that was put together with different parts, and he got stopped in Jersey.Well, the DOT officer just happened to notice the different serial #'s everywhere,and to make a long story short, it was a huge mess.They wouldn't let him move.Replaced cab....was it a rollover?makes me wonder.

Thank You for your help .... come to find out it was only the clip (hood) that he replaced, the cab is original.