removing qualcomm equipment

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
anybody ever have to remove the satellite and the keyboard thing? what all was involved? really appreciate a response if you ve ever done it.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Husband said he unbolted clink off bracket on top of truck. Unhooked
keyboard from cable. unbolted bracket and left wiring in place.
Shipped back to co. everything unscrewed or unplugged. Not complicated.
Left bracket on top of truck so it wouldn't leak

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
If you the QC remove yourself, I suggest you send all wiring or you may be charged a rather high price for it. Check with your carrier for details and prefered addressee.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I could not remove all the harnesses that was used in my truck. One is attached to the reefer unit and after I disconnected it, the reefer would not start and there is this really thick cable that is actually bolted to the sleeper frame and snakes to the front of the truck and I have no idea where it goes to but hooked up to the QC unit under the bunk.

The other thing that I found odd was the unit was just mounted to the floor without a mounting bracket, just bolted to the floor. So when I turned it in, I told them about it but I think it went over their head.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
All the cables I have seen are interchangeable.

New carrier often returns the QC dish and keyboard from your truck, but they take a mounting bracket and wiring harness from their own inventory. This way the old carrier gets a complete unit and it saves the new carrier a great deal of time.

Funny, they generally still charge the same install fee at the new carrier; even though it requires almost no labor time to make the switch.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I forgot there was a black box of some kind in our side box that
was bolted to floor. Check for it.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Depends on the model. Older models had a control box. New ones have the controller inside the antenna.

eb

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Also depends on the truck. The last one I was in, Conway told the owner he wouldn't get his deposit until he sent back the cable. As I soon found out, the cable that was in there came with the truck. He got his deposit.

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford