Removing and Locking Out Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup, that's a big problem with a forum. Tone and inflection are such a huge part of communicating.

Some make it far too personal in my books...

Heck I still knock Americans....
every Canuck should own at least one.....*LOL*;)

to know me, is to love me...:p

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are two sides to every story and somewhere between the two sides is the core of the matter. As Dave said, those things don't work because both sides only see their side and the core is never reached. Also, just because you don't see things being done visibly for all to see doesn't mean warnings aren't being given and appropriate actions taken. That doesn't belong in open forum and prudent people aren't going to talk about it but keep it private as it should be. Things may not be perfect and likely never will be but as forums go this is one of the best of the best.

Nope- there are three sides to every story

Yours
Mine
Truth

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Mr. Jerry-Jones,
to start with it's Chaffey. In your post regarding Tri State you say "If anyone bashes this or sticks up for tstate then ur someone working on the inside for them and if your not i think your a lier"
I personally doubt that there are many posters care to be called a "lier" figuring most will think they are being called a Liar.

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
about a month ago a carrier came in here and bragged about how he takes care of his drivers.... how drivers are the reason he is in business.... howhe allways puts the drivers 1st and doesnt mind losing on a load to make the driver happy.... how he pays more on a load than most other carriers.... how he wouldnt rub for that little amount.... i didnt see none of that ... what i saw was him wanting to pay .85 cents a mile no fsc and than when calling me to take a run he would ask well i cant give you .85 on this run can you do it for maybe ....70 he would ask...i said no i rather sit .... i thought i was an idiot for taking a load for .85 but hey to get out of the tight spots yea why not i said ill do .85 to get out of the tough spots...... point is in my book all his posts were untruthfullfrom my point of view ... how can you even post all that and then the actions say something else???? some of the excuses i heard were were just starting out .. according to the poster he has been in business for 7 years.....so why was it ok for him to post all that when none of it was true????? but it was wrong for me to post that i havent got paid..... well ontario van man answered that for me ..... im not great with words or typing .... im just not .....maybe if i worded it different i would have got a different reaction maybe just maybe..... but im also wondering what kind of reaction my post would have got if someone lese posted the same thing same words ... say maybe a regular poster.... bet it would have been different ... just because you dont know me or havent seen me in this forum for long doesnt make me wrong..... that thread shouldnt have been closed....but i will respect there decision the e-o is actually rinning a business also and he has to do whats wright for his business.... AND F-Y-I....... I STILL HAVENT GOT PAID !!!!!!!!!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
about a month ago a carrier came in here and bragged about how he takes care of his drivers.... how drivers are the reason he is in business.... howhe allways puts the drivers 1st and doesnt mind losing on a load to make the driver happy.... how he pays more on a load than most other carriers.... how he wouldnt rub for that little amount.... i didnt see none of that ... what i saw was him wanting to pay .85 cents a mile no fsc and than when calling me to take a run he would ask well i cant give you .85 on this run can you do it for maybe ....70 he would ask...i said no i rather sit .... i thought i was an idiot for taking a load for .85 but hey to get out of the tight spots yea why not i said ill do .85 to get out of the tough spots...... point is in my book all his posts were untruthfullfrom my point of view ... how can you even post all that and then the actions say something else???? some of the excuses i heard were were just starting out .. according to the poster he has been in business for 7 years.....so why was it ok for him to post all that when none of it was true????? but it was wrong for me to post that i havent got paid..... well ontario van man answered that for me ..... im not great with words or typing .... im just not .....maybe if i worded it different i would have got a different reaction maybe just maybe..... but im also wondering what kind of reaction my post would have got if someone lese posted the same thing same words ... say maybe a regular poster.... bet it would have been different ... just because you dont know me or havent seen me in this forum for long doesnt make me wrong..... that thread shouldnt have been closed....but i will respect there decision the e-o is actually rinning a business also and he has to do whats wright for his business.... AND F-Y-I....... I STILL HAVENT GOT PAID !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Jerry..glad you haven't really taken the hard knocks too personally....:)
As you read I took on Mr JC head on, with no bull...
I took on ASE as well a while back....

I'll take on anyone I don't care if they advertise here or not....if it smells like **** it usually is...
and i say so....on the flip side...if proven wrong I also will say so...

Am I an a$$? sometimes yes, sometimes no...

again as Steady said..there are 3 sides to every story....

Hope you get paid soon Jerry...or get it settled.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I personally doubt that there are many posters care to be called a "lier" figuring most will think they are being called a Liar.

Prime example of what you're referring to with a post directed at me from one of the masters of subliminally posting rude remarks against members here:

It's called being an "armchair expediter". Armchair expediters are the ones who think most, not all, but the majority of expediters were employed at one time or another as hourly delivery drivers. Which is not only wrong, but funny wrong.

I would've rather heard "Brisco, you're a fool, an idiot, you are Lying, you are so wrong that you have your head up your a**, you don't know what you're talking about", etc.

But, this member also understands what not to say and when not to say it due to board rules, so subliminal sarcasm works fine for him and he's turned into a master at it. <snort> :D

Personally, I just let it go now and turn it around on the poster themself when and if the chance comes along. (Of which I did with that post directed at me above)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Now there ya go...Just because I am Canadian..does that make me less of a person? I feel small..

Just kidding Star......:p ;)
Just making a point how things can misunderstood...

Now there ya go, bragging about your weight loss again...makes the rest of us large people feel.....well.....LARGE!:D

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Some aren't gifted with knack for writing or just type without thinking about whether the statement is an insult... and what does constitute an insult?

IE: That is a stupid idea?.....or....
you are stupid for thinking that way?

or as Brisco said the other day..." some of us are ignorant" Did he mean me?

Just yesterday someone said to me in a thread.." are you nuts?"

If i were an overly sensitive person I'd be looking for therapy for my hurt feelings. ;)
Innocent banter, common phrases, teasing are entities unto themselves and are harmless.

It's when people out and out say things such as someone is an idiot for the situation they're in, has no business expediting, or money hungry wifey that can't afford her spa appointments...those things are uncalled for. Then the baiting, when someone doesn't want to publicly name the carrier out of respect for the EO reputation and associated drivers...the person is vilified. Called an overly sensitive exaggerating crybaby in so many words.

So then someone names the carrier.

And they are vilified. Called an overly sensitive crybaby in so many words...but if they DO name the carrier and offer proof to back up their claim, their thread gets locked down or removed.

****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't.

I guess the best thing is, for those of us with compassion, is to say nothing and when the next "best ever" carrier starts boasting on EO how well they take care of their people and pay so well, let people find out for themselves. Let's see their reaction when the contracted 100 cpm minimum always comes offered at 75 cpm...once "reminded" of the terms of the contract the cpm is raised...then one waits for the actual pay to come...

Giving warning and telling of personal experiences go nowhere out here.

One just risks being locked out or banned.

Some comraderie.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

pookie8me

Not a Member
Hey Lisa, Your right 100%......I call them the EO MAFIA! I'm working on posting the book they are writing...it has about 20 chapters so if you want to help me out it would be helpful....LOL

example: Chapter 1 How to lock threads to lock out real problems
Chapter 2 How to give out warnings but still insult others
Chapter 3 How to fall out of a hamock....LOL sorry Chef

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like what Jerry posted......he said he has not been paid...I like to know that sort of information.

if a person does the work he/she needs to get paid. no excuses!

and no locked threads....or warnings....

good and bad comments need to be posted.....don't tell me what I should believe....I'm a big boy and can figure it out on my own!

Do you know why he wasn't paid? oh that was explained with a lame excuse but never the less explained...
sometimes payroll drops the ball....did they screw me? No, things happen...
Is jerry telling all? Is JC telling all...we'll never know..

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
EO Mafia. I like that. I am OF THE OPINION this particular set was probablybullied mercilessly on the elementary school playground and/or have to play "Yes Dear" at home, therefore expending their pent up aggressions from behind the safety of their keyboards.

Maybe they should exit the vehicle while in the truckstops (and not just for the restaurant), walk around, get some ecercise and fresh air and interact with human beings now and again.

Are we expecting too much from carriers? No...unless we are willing to be their toilet paper roll.

Those of you who think the heads up from a few are of unfounded, go right ahead and keep kissing the behinds of the carriers. Work for them in silence regardless of the contract you signed or block the"truth hurts" threads Your willingness to put up with, protect and defend their actions allow them to keep doing what they do.

5 month countdown begins...

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

pookie8me

Not a Member
Well Jerry would not have to voice on EO if he was paid. JD would not have to explain if he took care of it on his own......no matter what the problem is....if JD has a problem driver, then pay the man to get rid of him....by playing games with him shows that JD would not be my first pick......JD may be a nice guy...I don't know and don't care. If he handles problems by playing games, then he may not be good in business.......all you guys posting junk shows your not business people either.......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Other then criticism ...I haven 't seen much other then junk from you two either....soooo you are as bad as the ones you chastise...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I hope the folks complaining are preparing & sending the moderators investigative fees. Investigating he said and she saids is time consuming and expensive. Waiting on the check at the mailbox. :rolleyes:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Lisa,

We are pretty transparent about how we moderate the forum.

Over the years we have developed a simple Code of Conduct. It's by following this Code of Conduct that has us allowed to grow to be one of the largest and most active trucking websites in North America. We had over 9 Million views on EO alone in 2010. With that kind of traffic it's a huge challenge for us to please every member on every topic. But if you continue to be a regular contributor - you will see that we are a fairly open minded group of small business trucking owners, owners operators, drivers and fleet owners. :)

Also, if you look at any of our 300,000+ posts - you'll find thousands of posts that are critical of our sponsors - they don't get special treatment.

I see that you are a relatively new member and I can understand how it may have appeared - but I can assure you that there were many private pm's back and forth to resolve this particular issue.

Please take a moment to read our Code of Conduct:

Expedite Trucking Forums - Announcements in Forum : Web Site Support & Services

Happy trucking and stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.