Religion forum

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Has there been any discussion about setting up a separate section for religious discussion. Now it seems to hit the general, soapbox, layover etc. depending on where someone thinks initially. We have members who could speak quite well toward religious questions and discussions, Dale being one. Maybe it would generate more discussion and study if there was a section for it and people who know what they're talking about to moderate it and respond?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because? There shouldn't be a separate subsection to keep it organized and perhaps broaden it's scope because? There are certainly many who could stand to learn more and some who are certainly qualified to assist others in doing so.

Monty

Expert Expediter
My past experience says you do not want to go there ....... religion and politics ..... almost landmines to a forum group, unless you want toes stepped on

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I think it can be just left in the loading dock. As Monte said the ones I've seen just turn into an explosion if you set up a separate forum. It actually becomes worse than the soapbox.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because? There shouldn't be a separate subsection to keep it organized and perhaps broaden it's scope because? There are certainly many who could stand to learn more and some who are certainly qualified to assist others in doing so.

You just proved it belongs in the soapbox by saying some could stand to learn more. Put it there then get rid of the soapbox altogether and the entire forum would be better off.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
You just proved it belongs in the soapbox by saying some could stand to learn more. Put it there then get rid of the soapbox altogether and the entire forum would be better off.

LOL. I think we discussed this a while back.

It wouldn't matter if you have or don't have a soapbox ... ppl will always want to argue a point or three :rolleyes:
With having a soapbox it is (usually) contained in one area :p

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I believe we cover this topic here:

The Loading Dock

Come on into this forum and relax! The Loading Dock is dedicated to talking about current events, faith, family, joke sharing and just about anything that concerns you! Leave your keys in your truck and take a seat up here on the dock for awhile.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Soapbox keep it semi contained... it was much worse before I created that.

Each post in the Soapbox is like toilet paper - handy at the time, singularly important while using it, but as soon as you send it down the pipe it's not something worth thinking about.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If there is a religion forum added, will it include Islamism, Judaism, Expeditism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Jisimism, Sikhism, Catholicism, Shintoism, Rastafarianism, Mormonism, :censoredsign:gotism, Paganism, Atheism, Dieselsism etc. or could it just focus on good old fashioned, basic God fearing, Evangelical Christianism?

Give me an "I"
Give me an "S"
Give me an "M"
What's that spell?
ISM!

What's that spell?
ISM!

Go ISM!