Regens Headaches

Hino/Owner Operator

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am manual regeneration about every 100 miles of normal running about 60-65 mph but less if running at higher speeds I had burner updates less then 75,000 miles since nozzles replaced ignitors replaced was regenerating on auto but now manual the last two trips I manual regen and 2 hours later it auto regen on its own I'm getting P141F codes powertrain, MFG, Auxiliary Emissions Control, Fault:1F about a couple months ago somebody stole my DEF fuel tank top it was about a month or so be I found a new one but I plug the fill top relatively secure but we had some rain afterwards would water in the tank affect the operation of the unit the tank was on half and I filled with a new box of DEF fuel

Hino/Owner Operator

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been considering that I have found a couple of places that Bake them I am glad you said that the only person to suggest that Thanks

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
DEF doesn't affect regen, at least not in the circumstances you're describing.

The burner is the worst part of this truck, hands down. It needs regular maintenance. It's weaknesses are compounded with the eventual degredation of the engine's fuel injectors.

Is there heavy soot in the tailpipe? If yes, the DPF is wasted, almost always because the injectors have gone bad. All this extra soot fouls up the burner and it starts doing all kinds of stupid stuff.

If there's soot in the tailpipe, replace the injectors and DPF and clean out the burner. Check the mantle and make sure it isn't broken. Adjust exhaust brake. Monitor a regen and make sure it's behaving.

Reactions: Hino/Owner Operator

Hino/Owner Operator

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the knowledge I am starting to get other code's P2436 , P204 I am guessing that the filter could be causing it to show all these codes

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
P2436 is a problem with the atomizer. The solution is a new atomizer.

P204F is a generic fault set in the ECU when the DCU requests the check engine light. There are more codes in the DCU. Depending on what diagnostic software you have available, these codes may not be accessible. Hino DXII is used to communicate with the engine, DCU, and burner.

Reactions: ATS275

ATS275

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
I’m dealing with a 2016 Hino 155 with a P204F. Could use some guidance..
Helping a friend who owns two but I’ve limited resources in regards to Hino… using a CanDo scan tool able to that code and was able to clear SCR memory to get truck out of limp mode (after topping off low coolant) went back into limp mode on test drive. Towed it back in starting fresh tomorrow morning. Local snap on guy bringing his demo DX tool.