Recruiting Questions?

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Do you have recruiting questions? If so, you can have those questions answered by honest, friendly, knowledgeable recruiters at the upcoming Expediters University workshop being held October 3 in Indianapolis, IN from 5 to 9 pm at the Holiday Inn North Carmel located at 251 East Pennsylvania Parkway in Indianapolis, IN 46280.

If you've never attended a Workshop put on by ExpeditersOnLine.com you are really missing out. These seminars are a fantastic opportunity to mingle with other drivers, speak with representatives from the major expedite companies and enhance your knowledge attending the workshops. Heck you may even learn something that you've forgotten!

There are always great snacks and beverages, along with really cool door prizes at the end of the evening.

Hope to see you there!

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Thanks so much Paullud ! It's nice to know that someone reads this.

FYI - I did get a like from Murraycroexp.

You guys rock.

:)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
According to the counter you have 79 views.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Pretty cut and dry, the recruiter forum has been dead for a while. That is from new members and recruiters alike.

Maybe it will pick up for you in here John since you are putting forth an effort to answer potential drivers questions.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Mr. Mueller is accessible, knowledgeable, always helpful. Which is a lot more then can be said for some posters.:)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Mr. Mueller is accessible, knowledgeable, always helpful. Which is a lot more then can be said for some posters.:)

I agree with Bill. I read this, but also have no questions as I am not looking for a job.

Most people that should be here just start a new thread. Something like " I've been reading for years. And am ready to make the leap. " Then they ask questions that sounds like they found the site an hour ago.

Maybe the stock answer should be call John.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I'm just getting old and all washed up.

Nobody needs me anymore!

:Q

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
No, IMO many expediters NEED to be recruited but will not take that first step. Too easy to just stay and put up with their current carrier.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Nobody needs me anymore!

There there, we still love you.

tumblr_inline_mt6wqm2UbZ1rcvg84.gif

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Nobody needs me anymore!

Need a group hug? Maybe you could start some posts on how to successfully deal with a recruiter or things drivers should see as a warning sign when a recruiter is promising certain things. They don't have to be full articles but just some quick tips to start a discussion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I really hope people don't ask me a lot of questions...... :eek:

Hey John, What ya doin?
Hey John, Can I make $3000 a week with a C/Van?
Hey John, How's the weather?
Hey John, Are we there yet?
Hey John, I didn't think you were a recruiter?
Hey John, Are ya happy??

Can't think of anymore.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
This has always been a brutal crowd but I wouldn't want it any other way!

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
This is not exclusively for Mr. Mueller.
I'm still having a pipe dream of solo driving a straight truck. I'm not too concerned with the driving part but am concerned with the maintenance & care of the truck. Along with all the regulations new & old, plus the different taxes that apply to the truck.
Any comments on where to find information on the net, book store or anywhere would be appreciated.

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
This is not exclusively for Mr. Mueller.
I'm still having a pipe dream of solo driving a straight truck. I'm not too concerned with the driving part but am concerned with the maintenance & care of the truck. Along with all the regulations new & old, plus the different taxes that apply to the truck.
Any comments on where to find information on the net, book store or anywhere would be appreciated.

Carriers concerned with their CSA scores will empower their contractors with consistent revenue so he/she can perform proper maintenace and repairs on the truck. Some carriers including myself, have an onsite repair facility and mechanic to provide a reliable repair service with a quick turn around time to keep the wheels turning and contractor earning. The less down time the more revenue both the contractor and carrier can generate. We also have a proactive safety department in order to educate the contractor in regards to the rules and regulations. We have a IFTA program in order to take care of the road taxes.

That is how we address these issues. Hope this helps and be sure to ask the carriers your interviewing if they have these type of processes in place.

:)