Recent Activity-PostingsInformation- Where are they now?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Same here. I refuse to get on facebook. A while ago a friend of mine told me: 'Come on, get on facebook, everyone is on there, even my grandmother....'
Good for them, I guess, but I won't be. EO takes enough of my time, I don't need something else

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use Facebook and have no issues with it that matter. I belong to several expediting groups on there. People have left eo over the years for various reasons. People change, needs change, no biggie.

Reactions: TeamCaffee

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'll add this dynamic as well....the demographics of expediting has changed dramatically in the last 3 years. It started 5+ years ago but has quickly changed and that is our industry is going from a 100% Owner Operator powered fleet to a Fleet Owner powered format. Sprinter and Cargo Van drivers still remain mostly OO - but not Straight Trucks or Tractors. Most of the larger Motor Carriers are now 50% - 60% Fleet Owner powered. That's a seismic change.

There are few carriers who still have a super strong OO offerings - but they are few in number.

So we have a growing base of non-owner CDL drivers. I mean no disrespect at all to these men and women fleet drivers, but they don't have the "buying power" of an OO or FO. They don't decide what truck to purchase nor where to fuel in some cases. Their conversations and concerns are different than a OO, Most OO have issues like maintenance, revenue and profit, that isn't at the forefront of Fleet Driver conversations. Their conversations tend to be more life style driven. Our forum was created primarily for Owner Operators, our industry is changing and so are we. More about that later.

While we never expect to beat Mr. Zuckerberg at his strategy (he has billions of dollars, we're a small family organization) we will remain the watering hole for our industry with our editorial, information, networking efforts.

Thanks for being here!

:cat2:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I prefer following EO but miss some of the more colorful posters, thinking of a particular Canadian and our Ohio Bourbon Barron. I tried a couple of the FB expediting groups but never got comfortable. I am active on EO, FB (friends & Family) and Words With Friends (always interested in new "playmates").

Many of the posters here don't expedite any more, which I still enjoy following, but Lawrence hit the nail on the head, O/O's are more social than company drivers as part of a community. When Rags and Ntime follow OVM and Fasty it will be a dark day.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of the O-Meister, where is he today?
I am guessing Working the Hoe in the Garden ....

hauling freight from a Pond near you
women-poking-prostituting-prostitute-streetwalker-meters-03400570_low.jpg

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I prefer following EO but miss some of the more colorful posters, thinking of a particular Canadian and our Ohio Bourbon Barron. I tried a couple of the FB expediting groups but never got comfortable. I am active on EO, FB (friends & Family) and Words With Friends (always interested in new "playmates").

Many of the posters here don't expedite any more, which I still enjoy following, but Lawrence hit the nail on the head, O/O's are more social than company drivers as part of a community. When Rags and Ntime follow OVM and Fasty it will be a dark day.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

I'm around I've become a lurker! I read here almost everyday.

Sent from Deep in the backwater swamp