Reality Check from FedEx CC!!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well guys, ( and girls ), I got my reality check today!! Sat for 2 days, 135 miles from home, because they "needed" me in Lexington, KY. Out of 6 vans, only me and one other were authorized to be there, and since I got there a day earlier, I would be first out. No loads dispatched yesterday, none all day today. I request 3 times to be relocated to either Cinncinati or Columbus Ohio. Too many trucks. At 6:00 p.m., I come out of the truckstop, one of the drivers asked, "Why didn't you take that run?" Due to my obvious confusion, he explained the other authorized driver took a run. When I called dispatch, they stated that two other drivers turned down the run, and I was too far from pickup to make on time. I "nicely as I could" questioned her as to how it got offered to 3 other drivers, (only one of them even authorized, and sitting a day less than me) without being offered to me. Then I asked how he could make the pickup either since he was sitting in the next parkingspace when he accepted the run!!!!!!! She had no explaination........I left, and on way home was offered run from..guess where....Cincinati....got home......had 8 loads out of Columbus today....where they didn't need me. .....thanks for listening..just needed to complain to someone who understood!

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That's what we're here for, Dreamer! Hope things are going better for you now.

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm not surprised of your account. This is just a typical ordeal with the big outfits in expediting. Hopefully someday they will develop a management style whereas to monitor a drivers situation as far as sitting and revenue are concerned.

Thumper

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey Dreamer; Just today I saw a mini-bumper sticker that said "My Reality Check Just Bounced".. Does this sound about right??????????

LittleBigTruck

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I feel for you! When something like that would start to happen to us, we'd just start deadheading home. Chances are if we were starting to get pissed off, we needed time off!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I think you're right. My "original" plan was to stay in service 24/7 til I got a reserve built up, but after those couple of days I took myself out of service for the weekend and put the top down on the old convertible, turned off the cell phone, turned up the Eric Clapton, and went for a couple refreshing adult beverages at my favorite local establishment!!!!! Amazing how much better I feel....I think I'm ready for Monday now!!

G

Dreamer,just wanted to say I,m diggin the attitude.There isn,t any better way to cool off and get your ducks in order.Sometime you just gotta kick back and regroup with a couple of libations at hand,good luck this week,hope it gets better for ya.by the way,was that rockin clapton,or the eric "mudbone"bluesy clapton?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
RE: Reality Check from FedEx CC!!(Much better week)

Well,, like I said, I was ready for Monday, turned out to be Tuesday, bt oh well, much better runs and layovers this week. As I right this I'm at layover in Pittsburg, so hopefully I'll get out soon. Shows how one week can change your perspective, huh? by the way....Bones....it was blues....with B.B. King!