RE:Transportation officials: tunnels, bridges vuln

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It took a panel of experts and how many free lunches on the taxpayers to figure this one out????

Just imagination the disruption if Port Huron, Detroit, Buffalo and Lewiston were targets of truck bombs, their fuels tanks rigged to go off while crossing BEFORE they getted checked out!! Thats why all this red, yellow orange stuff is a load of crap as a make work project for Mr Ridge and his crony friends in the INS (includes U.S. Customs). And a major headache for us daily crossers and expense to the taxpayer. It's nothing but a feel good security as in Look at us and what we're doing to keep ya safe. Baaaah humbug!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Didn't think I was the only one thinking these thoughts as we sit ON the bridge, waiting, waiting, waiting. Some things just spook the cr## out of me and this is one of them!!

Just Killin' Time!!
DD

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You'd think all the security would be BEFORE the bridges. eh?
and then cross over and clear the load.

slow couple days here for vans....

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have done hundreds of US-Canada border crossings without a hitch- but you know what?? I do not like them, have never liked them, and will never like them. Pain in the ##### time waste, not paid for it, and stupid questions to boot. But, some friendly advice- if you keep the inside of your truck clean, talk like you know what you are doing, shut your engine off at the inspection and turn your interior light on at night, and don't smoke, you probably will never have to go through an in truck inspection more than likely. Also- hate to say it.. if you are a male and have long hair or a mullet you are just subjecting yourself to grief at border crossings. If you go across regularly, drop the early '70's look. Lil' "Tricks of the Trade"
-Weave-