Rates

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Grizzly, and VSprinter and myself were discussing in John Elliott’s original post “It always amazes me”......we kind of veered off topic as I take notice we all do in most posts sharing our wisdom and knowledge and sharing advice.

With the permission of the EO powers that be, I’d like to repost a statement made by a good friend of mine in the transportation industry. If it’s not allowed then anybody who is interested in reading and getting a better understanding about rates in the transportation industry you can pm me and I’ll share it with you that way. I would post it now but don’t want to over step and break any rules.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Maybe there is a misunderstanding about rates. Not all loads will pay great rates. Take for instance, near me is a place that bags and sells mulch, The loads are cheap and the shipper probley cant pay anymore as there comes to a point where he wont make a profit on his product, so then what would be the use of him being in business? He may have a 1 or 2 week window to move his load to the receiver. Then comes places like Menards warehouse and stores. They post about every load they have even though they have their own trucks, so they usually arnt pressured to pay outside carriers a high rate.What they cant get outside carriers to move cheap they put on their own trucks. Smart plan for them, not for the Carriers. But then there is freight that has to move right now! With flatbeds its usually jobsite deliveries, where a crew is waiting for the material at a certain time, or maybe material for a production line that have workers waiting on, or maybe something where there is a crane and rigging crew on the other end that are being paid. These are the kind of loads you can get high rates on. If its a load every other driver wants the load will most likely be cheap, but if its a load no one else wants you can charge a lot. Dont cry the 1st one or two calls you make if the rate is cheap, keep calling till you find the right load. To get great rates i dont book my loads in advance, i wait til the last minuet and take the leftovers. What the other drivers pass over and the shippers and brokers cant cover, thats the load I want. Remember Shippers and Brokers DON'T OWE YOU A FAIR RATE!!! Its up to you to tell them YOUR RATE!!! Dont worry what someone else makes! If the broker gets rich off you or he goes broke from your rate , its really not your problem, They have to adjust with their shipper. In most cases shippers tell the brokers how much they will pay to ship their product, so if you see a cheap load posted, dont bash the broker, his next customer may need to move a load RIGHT NOW and it could be a HOME RUN load for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
WOW !
This is all that’s been posted in 20 hours ?
Or whatever, as I can never figure out the timing of posts.

This place is like sitting in the stands at a NASCAR race.
A place to go if you want some alone time.
Rates .....
Its been this way for years , some point fingers at others for lower rates , blaming others for current freight rates , No one has or will post their rates up on a Forum for discussion. And actually i don't blame companies. If Your interested in leasing to a company or just curious on how they pay or their insurance costs , etc... Call them.. One on One discussion is best.. And of course, this just my opinion. image_search_1526229140862.jpg

Remember to Smile ..
it reduces Stress ..

Reactions: RedBird

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Rates .....
Its been this way for years , some point fingers at others for lower rates , blaming others for current freight rates , No one has or will post their rates up on a Forum for discussion. And actually i don't blame companies. If Your interested in leasing to a company or just curious on how they pay or their insurance costs , etc... Call them.. One on One discussion is best.. And of course, this just my opinion. View attachment 17396

Remember to Smile ..
it reduces Stress ..
If Ntimevan has an opinion, is it automatically wrong?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app