Question for small Fleet Owners (leased to carriers)

RatDog

Rookie Expediter
I am curious about how many fleet owners who are leased on with a larger carrier pass on to their drivers the costs of QualComm, EZ Pass and truck insurance (physical damage/collision). Or do you pay these costs as part of your normal cost of doing business?

Thanks!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Typically, including ourselves, the fleet owner pays those costs.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am curious about how many fleet owners who are leased on with a larger carrier pass on to their drivers the costs of QualComm, EZ Pass and truck insurance (physical damage/collision). Or do you pay these costs as part of your normal cost of doing business?

Thanks!
Why would you charge the driver for these costs? I think it would be a part of being a fleet owner.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not really a fleet owner but I own two sprinters. I pay the driver 60 percent after expenses. So therefore I eat/cover 40%. We are working for .89 a mile... anyone know what happened to the surcharge over at panther premium?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not really a fleet owner but I own two sprinters. I pay the driver 60 percent after expenses. So therefore I eat/cover 40%. We are working for .89 a mile... anyone know what happened to the surcharge over at panther premium?
Have you looked at fuel prices lately?