Question for seasoned Roberts/FedExCC'ers

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
OK, I have been looking through a LOT of past postings. Not that I'm bored, just wondering why you seasoned fellows who are currently leased to FedEx CC don't have much nice to say about them.
First off, I was leased to them at one time so I somewhat know what I am talking about and feel I can criticize them if I want to, although I don't.
Second, If you don't like them, why don't you find somewhere else to run?
Third, do you think any of those little suited twerps in Akron read this forum? (Oh yes they do! OK, I critically criticized)
Fourth, will they respond to your concerns/criticism?
I hereby invite members of FedEx Custom Critical management or their recruiters to post on this forum. Let's see how secure they are on an open forum.
At least they are safe from getting beat up here!:+
-Weave-

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I have always looked at it as a bad marriage. You hate the person you are married to but you cannot afford to divorce them.

FECC has the most freight. I believe that is the only reason anyone puts up with their B.S. If there is another reason I sure cannot think of it.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
fedexcc is a great company, they do care about the driver and there
family's i have be involve in 2 of case's

one a driver on the road die after he del'd a load and family
asked how do we get the truck back to house, and they said don't worry
we will take care of it, they paid me to take truck back to his home in wv it's was a hard trip as i knew the driver.

second time was when my father was dieing and they kept me in north east for over 6 months so i could get to see him before he pass, then i was on a run and they wanted to know what they needed to do to help
me out, i finshed the run as my father wanted me to, then head home
to northern new york, they wanted to fly me home or have some one that
i know drive the truck for me and to me be with until i got home.
so they do care

and i also left for 2 weeks to try running local and they said try it
and if it doesn't work come on back

so they are number one in my book

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Any where you work you are going to have problems or complaints. I think that for some this is just a good place to vent without putting thier jobs in jepordy. How many people do you know that complain about thier jobs,yet still get up every morning and go to them? FedEx has always been fair with me,but that doesn't mean no-one has ever made a mistake in dispatching or I've never been mad at them. Not mad enough to quit anyway.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Both Bill and George are correct about Fedex CC.I have been with them since October of 1987 and stay because they simply put are the best of the worst. they have the freight nationwide versus a small regional carrier.There have been numerous times that I was going to quit including this past week but somehow always stay on.one thing I never do is to bash them to other drivers.I have made a consious decision to work with these people and try to take the bad with the good.But I refuse to be bullied into the discounted TPS runs. It takes a certain amount of revenue to stay in business and the TPS rates do not allow for that.
We had a accident about 5 years ago near memphis at about 0600 when a semi driver behind us fell asleep and rammed into us lifting the back of our D unit off the ground onto his hood and subsequently dropping it with lots of damage noise etc. I thought for 1 minute I had been shot as I hit the roof of the cab ,everything went flying around etc.Anyway Roberts (at the time) could not have been more helpful and concerned about our medical condition. They insisted I go to a Hospital for a complete check up and said they would pay for anything not covered by insurance,after the checkup there were 5 messages from various folks on the c link wanting to know if I was OK. They then said to take the rest of the day off,go to a decent motel to wind down and they would and did pay for the room.The following week I had several follow up calls to see if I was OK. So I guess it!s kinda like a family that always doesn!t get along until the chips are down.
Having said all that, the policy changes over the years have always benefited the company and not me but no one is forcing me to stay with them.If I was unhappy as some of the Detroiter Folks I would be long gone, but as Bill said it!s like a marriage,some days are good ,some are bad but leaving for other pastures is not the way to go..Too expensive,If I was ever to leave i think I would like to try the Landstar syste, and make things happen rather than wait or things to happen..friday night thoughts after a tough week..

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sort of what I figured for the Roberts old timers. I talk to so many who tell me how great of a company they used to be. FedExCC is a victim of Corporate America Syndrome (CAS) sort of like (TPS), in corporate America you have to have an abbreviation for anthing that equals BS.
Why I'll just bet they have a policy that forbids anybody at that office in Akron from posting on this forum:eek: (TIFTOTS) "Terminated immidiately for thinking outside the system."
-Weave-