question about folding rollaway bed in cargo van

sanderson

Rookie Expediter
Would this folding rollaway bed be an option for sleeping arrangements in a cargo van? I'm a bigger guy and I'm worried that a cot just won't be enough comfort.It seems like it would fold up quite nicely and fit behind the seat out of the way of freight.

folding rollaway bed 2.jpg
folding rollaway bed.JPG

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Looks comfy. Can you tell how tall it is when folded? Do you need your right seat? The more cargo area you can make available, the better. For instance, my van is currently full from doors to seats with 3 skids. My bunk folds to the side wall. But I use an air mattress so it doesn't take up much width. I'm about 245-250#. 6' bunk I built with hinges, etc. It ain't fancy, but it works well.
But warning, air mattresses suck the heat right out of your body. You must have good heat or you won't sleep long. Trust me. I've struggled with my generator this winter and have paid the price for not having an Espar heater. If you can, get one installed. I hear it's DREAMY!!!!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Your on the right track looks a tad tall to fold up as shown in a van which is only 4' ..maybe leaving it folded out and store it folded out against a wall Flat ...getting of the floor is important ...and a regular mattress is too..remember ..were out here living....not camping...keep that in mind..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Laid on it's side, it would fit behind the seats.

Like I said, if it works for you, why not.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We have built a few van and sprinter sleeper for owners the last few months. Our son Mark does it and the ones we have done the drivers was very happy. PM me and I will give you our number.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Check out the pragma bed. There are a few drivers who have them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Yes that's what I've been using for 29 years. I just took of the wheels on the bottom. If I'm loaded with freight waiting to unload and want to sleep I set it up width wise in the front behind the seats. If i'm empty I set it up lengthwise.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
The one i use fits standing up in a Ford van. That's why I took off the wheels. They make these beds in heights that easily fit standing up in a van. Thats what you need so you have room for freight. Shop until you find one that height.

UncleCharlie

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
We have built a few van and sprinter sleeper for owners the last few months. Our son Mark does it and the ones we have done the drivers was very happy. PM me and I will give you our number.
I am interested in the sleeper that you have built?
Thanks

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
0ab3edbb-bdbe-4452-96b7-3b9b0133cbd3.jpg

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
If you run for a good carrier you should not need a bed. I use an air mattress about 2 1/2 ft thick queen size.think I paid $68 at wal-mart with the electric pump had it for about a year now. get a couple of carpet pads to put down under it $10 each when I need extra space I deflate and can use the whole 132" that way.