Quarterly Call

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Anyone else listen to the call on saturday? Was pleased to hear the numbers on Auto loads we have had. Was pleased we are still showing a profit even if it is not as large as it once was. The item that discouraged me the most was in regards to the Mac-19.

I do not agree that a CV can not see what position they are with sprinters and visa versa. I would only agree with this if sprinters no longer took cargo van loads. But we know that would never happen. The sprinters would starve.

If I do a search and I am say, 2nd out of 3 CV's but there are also 3 SPR's in the area I could be anywhere from 2nd to 5th out in reality.

Just my 2 cents worth. Actually in this economy and I were a house I would be worth less then 1 cent.:rolleyes:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I missed the call for the very first time...But yes, you are correct about the Mac 19 out thing, Try this one. Zip 38128, all you get is "units in area 1". I called and only got a blond remark- Oh there's no one there that's why it showed up that way. Got there did a 19- 5 sprinters! 2nd out! Did a 19 again yesterday for same zip just for giggles, yep same thing.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have to accept that Sprinters ARE cargo vans...just bigger ones....as you Flattop have taken Sprinter class loads yourself...

so simple math...5 + 4 means you are 9th

flattop40

Expert Expediter
You have to accept that Sprinters ARE cargo vans...just bigger ones....as you Flattop have taken Sprinter class loads yourself...

so simple math...5 + 4 means you are 9th

I understand what you are saying but not sure where you got the 5+4 from. If there are 3 cv's and 3 spr's I can't be more than 6th out, can I?:confused::p

But you guys as sprinters would also like to know what out you are amungst the CV's I would think.

So if I am 2nd amungst CV's and there are 3 SPR's am I to assume I am 5th and anything quicker is just a bonus?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I understand what you are saying but not sure where you got the 5+4 from. If there are 3 cv's and 3 spr's I can't be more than 6th out, can I?:confused::p

But you guys as sprinters would also like to know what out you are amungst the CV's I would think.

So if I am 2nd amungst CV's and there are 3 SPR's am I to assume I am 5th and anything quicker is just a bonus?

I understand what you are saying...yes after the 1st 19 one is prolly the number represented counting both classes..after that it is a crap shoot...we can only know our position in our class...Me thinks like you....should be 2 positions shown...your class and overall position.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, lets drill down to this setup...

1cv 5 sp's. I'm 4th out. Now 2 of the 5 sprinters can only carry 2 skids due to having a built in sleeper, the cargo van can carry 3 skids, but only 48" high, 1 of the remaining sprinters can only load skids that are 52" high due to shevling------ STOP IT, you'll drive your selfs crazzzzzzzzy.......I'm 4th out.....Mac 19 shows me how to better that in another area, but chit, then again, 150 miles away someone else has the same idea with more time sitting than me......we pull in to the truck stop at the same time. We both do a 19, as I see him grinning at me........I'm 2nd out...etc. See, we can make it hard or we can make if work for us. Just try not to go nuts over the small stuff...

BTW- mac 19 zip 38133 and 38128 still showing "units in area (zip code) 1" nothing else, no info on position, nothing....