Quality Information on EO!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Do you ever wonder who submits the most quality information to EO? It's easy to see and understand because YOU actually dictate who get's the rating.

In every single post there is a icon on the left side of the box that when you mouse-over says "add to members reputation". You can rate the post as positive or negative. With over 300,000 posts - here is what you have said:

1. davekc 670
2. LDB 644
3. TeamCaffee 560
4. ATeam 471
5. Dreamer 429

Reactions: 2 people

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I was unaware of the information also. It's interesting but I do not post to gain ratings. I just share what's on my mind.

Reactions: 2 people

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
To view stats - go to "Top 5 Stats" on the Forum page and select what information you want to view.

Please take a look at this image - this is how you can view information:

top_reputations.jpg

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I was unaware of the information also. It's interesting but I do not post to gain ratings. I just share what's on my mind.

But there is the rub. If you post pertinent information (which you do) then you will naturally get ratings that show you contribute to the forum rather than contribute to the 'click' count.

Some members rarely contribute anything to a thread, instead they try to make threads their play ground.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I would like to be able to view the top 5 stats but I do not have that blue line after birthdays that says "Top 5 Stats".
How do I get to it without that link or how do I get the blue line?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
might or might not help
Right below the blue line that you do not have is a red line that says Top Posters do you have that?

If so click on the little arrow looking icon and you should see some different stats

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
No, I don't have that either.
I have Today's Birthdays and then the next thing is Fast Search.
I tried logging out and logging back in, but that didn't help either.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Internet Explorer

The funny thing is I didn't know I was missing something until Lawrence posted this thread.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am using Chrome and can see everything that Lawrence posted.

I signed on with Internet Explored and like you could not see anything so I believe that is the problem.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks for the link Greg.
Since we are not real computer literate we will just stick with what we have for now and make do.
We are still busy learning how to use the new QC and don't want to confuse ourselves anymore than necessary.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the link Greg.
Since we are not real computer literate we will just stick with what we have for now and make do.
We are still busy learning how to use the new QC and don't want to confuse ourselves anymore than necessary.

Jim,

My guess is you are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer.

The easiest way to fix it would be to update it. However, I recommend that you switch to Firefox or Chrome. Your time on the Internet would be a much more pleasant experience.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks Lawrence.
I am using Internet Explorer 7. It does what I need to in most applications. This is the first time that I know of that I was unable to see something.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Thanks Lawrence.
I am using Internet Explorer 7. It does what I need to in most applications. This is the first time that I know of that I was unable to see something.

Jim,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but if you visit many websites - you most likely are missing items, you would never know with IE 7. While websites are viewable - the extra load time and experience is diminished. Most websites don't support IE 7 anymore - not to mention IE 7 is notorious for viruses etc.

Really, it's VERY easy to download Firefox or Chrome. Websites will load 20%-30% faster and navigating the web will seem very smooth - and safer. You'll be glad you did.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks Lawrence,
Can we download Chrome and try it? Then if it doesn't work for us go back to IE7 as our default program?
As stated earlier we are not real literate when it comes to computers.