QualComm Text Messages

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is anyone who is enrolled in the QC text message program not receiving load offers via text message. I have Verizon service and switched to a smart phone on the afternoon of June 30th, about the time QualComm sends out their monthly enrollment message. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but since then I have not received a load offer via text message. I talked with someone at Panther today and they are investigating. I am still being charged $2.00/week, so apparently I'm still enrolled.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Everything seems ok. You are right, might be because of the phone switch?

jmlaber

Seasoned Expediter
I have a Droid X smartphone. That's the one I signed up with, and received the QC texts no problem until I took vacation for a week over 4th of July. I haven't received a text since then. I was told that ever since the storm knocked out Seville, the text service hasn't been working for Verizon drivers and one other carrier (can't remember which one). They are still charging me as well, maybe we should be calling them to tell them they shouldn't be charging us for a service they're not delivering.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
If you are not getting the text contact drivers relations and you will get your money back for those weeks

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure about that because I don't use it but just wanted to say welcome back.

Thanks Shaker. I talked to Linda in Driver Relations this morning. She was aware of some problems with Verizon. Got a QC message from Beverly (bevm) this afternoon. She stated that Verizon and QualComm were working on the problem and I wouldn't get charged the weekly $2.00 fee. She said she would call me when this situation gets resolved.

If you are not getting text messages and are paying for the service, call Driver Relations.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Mine quit working about a week to 10 days before Seville's lightning strike. Panther told me it appears only Verizon users are affected. It is my belief Verizon is slacking because they to blame it on a QC/Panther issue. When I called VZ customer srvce, the lady read me the report which mentioned the Seville "computer crash" which I believe is unrelated. I also received a call from QC and he was flustered as to what was going on.

Maybe if we all call VZ and let them know it occurred before the lightning strike, they will step up their level of investigation. It's as if someone threw a switch for a nationwide block on the sender's text code. Below is the short code and open case #. I for one miss it getting the load offers.

Dial *611 on your VZ cell

Tell them it is regarding short code 38163
open case #NRB000004503041
Ask them to step it up to the next level and/or talk to a supervisor. If enough of us do it, my bet is it will be repaired in no time.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
July 31 came and went and I didn't get my end of the month text message from QualComm. It appears I am no longer enrolled in the text message program. No further update from Panther either.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Called VZ again today. Nice lady said the open case has been updated to state VZ is not receiving the text data to their server for relay to final destination, therefore, it is a Qualcomm issue of which QC has been notified. It is out of VZ's hands they say.

Googled QC text messaging and the first thing that pulled up is a notice from QC regarding the FMCSA's stand on CMV driver distractions forbiding various forms of texting in various states. Made me wonder if this maybe part of the problem. Are other cell users beside VZ still getting the texts?

Called QC tech support. Gent was aware of the issue and did not shed much light on the subject except to say they are still working on it. Let him know it quit working two weeks before Panther's lightning strike and that I did not understand why it is taking six weeks to correct the issue.

So, basically got nowhere.....

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Just talked with Qualcomm Tech Support. They say they need to know what software application Panther uses to transmit load offers to them. They will send a test message to see where the hole is in the system. My guess is that they have already done this. But who knows, maybe not. I tried to go through driver relations. They referred me to Linda, one of the team leaders. I left her a message. If anyone has any better access to whoever needs to call Qualcomm, please suggest that he/she call Qualcomm Tech Support and let them know what portal app we use.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I got a call yesterday from the office asking me if i was getting the text messages and what carrier i am using they are working on it. AT&T seems to be working fine

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We have both Verizon and Sprint phones, the text messages were going to the Verizon phone until all the problems started. Is anyone using Sprint with the messaging?

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I use AT&T and had only one time when I didn't get a message about a load offer, but it also didn't come to the QC either. Then I got a call from driver services asking what my cell provider was. Told them that it was AT&T, next thing I know I was somehow taken off the service.

I think I've been put back onto it, but I won't know until I get a load offer.

jmlaber

Seasoned Expediter
I have Verizon service, and I got a text from QualComm today informing me that I have been enrolled in their service, so it may be back up and running. :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got the text message from QualComm today also. Now I just need a load offer to confirm it's working.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did get a load offer today via the QC, but no text message. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!