Quailcomm or blackberry

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Hello

I have been reading about what you should do to take in load info. I hear blackberry and apple Ipad or just some kind of smartphone. When I got my package the quailcomm cost was at about 35 dollars per week that is 140 per month and you cannot have safe e-mail I remember when I was with C.R.England they puch very hard cab mail and cab chat so you could keep your home up to date on what you are doing it was great at the cost of 10 cent per letter but then you found out bout the ugly side the company would read your mail. The way I found out was a driver got fired over cab mail to his wife and company got very unhappy with this guy. So with it great MCP200 quailcomm do you really have safe e-mail.......Come to think about it I would love to have a Tablet PC or Apple Ipad. How would that work .....Thanks from Micheal Black:mad:;):):confused:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it depends more on what your carrier requires. I do everything through my iPhone. Love it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You will never had safe (secure and private) e-mail on company-owned equipment, be it a Quamcomm or a computer or anything else owned by the company. Best for e-mail is a laptop (or iPad or smartphone).

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I'm looking at the title of the thread and wondering what quailcomm is and why a truck would have need of a device to communicate with birds.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Are you suggesting that we are not communicating with birds now?

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Hello

A Team what system are you using in the truck. I see you drive with Fed ex. I really like to get with that comany :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why are you paying a company to track their freight? Just curious?!
Same reason I am paying them to find me freight, use their authority, babysit me, display their logo, know where I am so I don't have to call in every hour and mostly because of my philanthropic nature.

As for the Blackberry Quailcomm(sic) debate, I choose QualComm. The keyboard unit is much larger and makes for a more effective and thus safer wheel chock.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Quailcomm was the old system where a driver wrote on a piece of paper that he was empty and ready to re-load. Then tied the paper to a carrier quail and chucked it out the window. If the quail made it off the truck stop property without becoming the Blue Plate Special, then the system worked.

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Every truck job I had to fall in with my truck computer. They would send me something I need not to know all the time but if I just do nothing. There would be bad charcolate waiting with my next load.....:confused::D:p

mbc383

Expert Expediter
I see my spelling was wrong on about the Qualcomm I am just wanting to know more about this kind of communications to me to spend that much money. I would get a pc tablet. I used a qualcomm with all the trucking companies I worked for it was just a pain have it go off all the time with no really good info and when you need some the company will leave you blind. I understand now why there are so many wrecks with trucks.....