Puhleeezzz tell me this ain't true!!!!

G

I understand there is a rumor about that Roberts is buying controlling interest in LEA. Does anyone have a grip on this??

G

uhmmmmm.......say it aint so, SOMEBODY SAY IT AINT SO! The big get bigger, the small get smaller.

X

G

Sounds like one of those truck driver stories that start out with "You ain't gonna believe this ____".The transition would be easy though,most of us are ex-Roberts anyway, so we're used to being abused,would be hard to give up our Freedom now,may have to sell my van and become a greeter at Wal-Mart..Anybody want to buy a LEA contract and van??

G

LMAO!!!! Sure its True! I heard Jimmy Hoffa Sr.is going to leave the island he has been sharing with JFK and Elvis to manage it! Dang if you people believe that I am going to get back into the Florida swamp land business!!

G

Apparently there was an article about it in the Wall Street Journal.

G

I think LEA & Conway Now would be a better fit. It doesn't seem very likely since FedEx is going to have its hands full for a while assimilating the operation of Roberts and RPS and setting up the new Home Delivery system under the FedEx(RPS)Ground banner. Just think of it, If Conway Now absorbs, LEA, CTX & TriState, what a deal. A true battle of the Titans. CNL & CTXTS sounds like a railroad. Ed

G

Ed, that was too many letters, why dont we just start going by A, AA, AAA, AAAA - just think of how much easier it would be on the relettering of the trucks. Pretty soon we are all going to be working for the grand poobaa A anyway LOL

G

Roberts can have PTS-EXPRESS too. Just waiting for the phone call
saying the check's in the mail for several hundred thou...

If this keeps going this way...FedEx is going to wind up owning almost all the expedite
business in this country.

Wonder what UPS is up to???

PJ

Expert Expediter
I heard that FedEx is buying UPS...They're going to call the new merger "Fed-Ups"! :eek:)

Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
a href="http://www.eia.doe.gov/price.html"
target="_blank">Fuel Prices</a>