Promaster van pricing announced

guido4475

Not a Member
Chrysler Group, LLC announced that pricing for the Ram ProMaster lineup will start at $26,030 plus destination for cutaway model, with pricing escalating to the mid $30,000 range at the high end of the three-model lineup.
Aside from the cutaway, the ProMaster will be offered as a chassis cab and cargo van. Starting prices for those models will be $26,530 and $28,630, respectively. All starting prices do not include a $995 destination fee, Chrysler.
Chrysler will offer 1500, 2500 and-series versions across all three models, with corresponding adjustments in prce. At the top end of the range, a ProMaster 3500 cargo van high-roof, extended body model will be priced at $36,150. All ProMaster models carry a five-year, 100,000 mile warranty, Chrysler said.
The front-wheel drive ProMaster will be available with gasoline or diesel power, three wheelbase lengths, and low- or high-roof cargo van designs.
The ProMaster is based on the Fiat Ducato, which is built by Chrysler parent Fiat SpA. Now in its third generation, that van has sold more than 4.5 million units worldwide, Chrysler said.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting information. I suspect the Transit will be similar.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I think it could grow on me.. a different color, say black, ,or dark gray, lil different wheel combo.. could be sharp.

Very Sprinter 'esque' of course, but I like the more squared off rear area..

Dale

2014-ram-promaster-photo-500707-s-1280x782.jpg

Ram-ProMaster-at-the-Chicago-auto-show.jpg

Ram-ProMaster-rear-end-1-1024x640.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

from article: It’s worth noting that the ProMaster could potentially cost more than $37,145, depending on trim level, options, and engine. The ProMaster’s optional engine is a Fiat-sourced 3.0-liter turbodiesel I-4 making 174 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. Paired to a six-speed automated-manual transmission, the engine will be a $4000 option,....

The pricing is about par with Mercedes...looks like this one too will be imported whole as no mention of any reassembly here...questions are?....Dealer network that can work on them and parts availability...and of course cost.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I wonder how much a used 'ex-expediters'(probably leased to Express 1) 1-2 year old Promaster would cost with about 75, 000 to 100, 000 highway miles? Would it be worth waiting, or buying new?

Last edited:

Speedwagen

Seasoned Expediter
...looks like this one too will be imported whole as no mention of any reassembly here...

Assembled whole in Saltillo, Mexico and shipped to the USA whole (thank you NAFTA).
Most likely via rail, so we'll sit at the traffic light/ RR crossing at Uniroyal Drive/ Pilot in Laredo watching LOTS of them head north.. only to be interrupted every few minutes watching semis crash into each other there...;)

I'll bet the body and paint will hold up better due to not taking a long, salt air trip across the Atlantic from Germany to be put back together here...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They aren't being assembled over here, they're being assembled over there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was referring to built on this continent If they were built in Europe we would see zero jobs out of it

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder how much a used 'ex-expediters'(probably leased to Express 1) 1-2 year old Promaster would cost with about 75, 000 to 100, 000 highway miles? Would it be worth waiting, or buying new?

I'd give them a year or 2 to work out the bugs

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well technically we can see the jobs no matter where they are. We just don't get any of the jobs if they are over "there" and not over "here". These jobs aren't U.S. jobs so they are over there.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just a minor observation. $995 destination charge? Do they conjure a phoenix to carry it to you? I think the destination on our Honda Odyssey, in 2007, was about $315.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think it could grow on me.. a different color, say black, ,or dark gray, lil different wheel combo.. could be sharp.

Just a stray thought: the colors you favor are the ones that tend to go invisible in inclement weather, like heavy rain, fog, blizzards.....
In a personal vehicle, it's NBD, but we do a lot more driving in that stuff, and I'd want a more visible color, myself.
Or a lot of lights, lol.
;)

Very Sprinter 'esque' of course, but I like the more squared off rear area..

Dale

2014-ram-promaster-photo-500707-s-1280x782.jpg

Ram-ProMaster-at-the-Chicago-auto-show.jpg

Ram-ProMaster-rear-end-1-1024x640.jpg

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I really like the squared off doors too as well as the more vertical walls for storing personal items along the sides.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Just a stray thought: the colors you favor are the ones that tend to go invisible in inclement weather, like heavy rain, fog, blizzards.....
In a personal vehicle, it's NBD, but we do a lot more driving in that stuff, and I'd want a more visible color, myself.
Or a lot of lights, lol.
;)

More so than say.. a gray one? LOL.. people look right thru me all the time.. I still hate all white vehicles!

Dale