Promaster trade in sucks!!

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
Could not find local work with my 2015 Promaster 2500 high roof lab here in Indianapolis where I have moved to from Nebraska. Had to get back to civilization. Lol

I traded for a 2015 Promaster City passenger/cargo van with all goodies. 9 speed tranny is nice. I get 19 to 21 mpg in town and 28 on hwy. deliver Newpapers 7 days a week 3 to 4 hours/day for 1200.00 month. Gives me extra mad money. Anyone here anything on Promaster City? I belong to Promaster forum also. Happy Christmas to everyone!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is there much profit? If my middle of the night math is correct that's $40 per day, $10-12 per hour based on what you said. That's better hourly than a lot of things but with expenses just curious compared to something with less driving. Fuel is a dime a mile or a little more plus oil, tires, brakes, depreciation etc. so maybe 30 cents per mile. It seems like that would eat up most of the pay.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I assume it broke and lead to substantial damage to the top of the engine? Cylinder head? Camshafts?
I presume so, since they told me that it'll cost me maybe more to repair it than replacing it. I wasn't there to see the damage, but since two shops gave the same option, I guess that was the truth...

Therion

Active Expediter
Could not find local work with my 2015 Promaster 2500 high roof lab here in Indianapolis where I have moved to from Nebraska. Had to get back to civilization. Lol

I traded for a 2015 Promaster City passenger/cargo van with all goodies. 9 speed tranny is nice. I get 19 to 21 mpg in town and 28 on hwy. deliver Newpapers 7 days a week 3 to 4 hours/day for 1200.00 month. Gives me extra mad money. Anyone here anything on Promaster City? I belong to Promaster forum also. Happy Christmas to everyone!!

You should of kept the Promaster 2500 and moved to Chicago. You would find work in a day.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I presume so, since they told me that it'll cost me maybe more to repair it than replacing it. I wasn't there to see the damage, but since two shops gave the same option, I guess that was the truth...
What was cost of labor and the motor? How much time did it take? Where was it done at? Thank you.

Reactions: GrassHopperr