Promaster tempature reader

Charity's Van

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey guys, My Promaster has a spot in the information center that shows outside temps. Here recently is has shown inaccurerate temps; usually 10 to 30 degrees too low. The other day it showed 15 degrees and the " ice may be on roadway " warning appeared. Have any of you experienced this? are there any long term problems associated with the temp sensor wrong? Does it affect the running or engine in anyway? Thanks

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I read that the promasters below a certain temperature will increase the idle rpms. I would guess that it will burn more fuel unnecessarily. If it was me I would get it fixed, well I would fix it myself. More than likely just the sensor or the wiring.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
The sensor for the outside air has gone bad. It's located inside the driver side mirror. You have to replace the mirror assembly. I have a newer one for sale. Dealers are around $200. If interested let me know. I'm in Chicago. Could also ship it.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: westmicher

Charity's Van

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The sensor for the outside air has gone bad. It's located inside the driver side mirror. You have to replace the mirror assembly. I have a newer one for sale. Dealers are around $200. If interested let me know. I'm in Chicago. Could also ship it.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Hahaha, that funny, I was in Chicago last Saturday when it was reading 15 degrees!!