Promaster diesel problems

bigdogg

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had my first load from Ann Arbor to Las Vegas. I was going to be able to unload one day earlier than was scheduled when my vans idiot lights starting going off near Vail Colorado. It had to be towed to nearest dealership, because the throttle light and engine malfunction lights would not go off. They reset the computer the next day and told me I was fine, just be sure to keep it in manual shift mode when in the mountains. Got the load delivered still 12 hrs ahead of time, then sat in Vegas for three days before deadheading towards LA. Got a short run to Sacramento, then sat for three more days in Fairfield. Left Saturday and deadheaded to Lincoln, Nebraska, but van broke down again with the same lights going off and not wanting to go away. Wife found nearest dealer for Rams in Cheyenne, paid $240 to have van towed because roadside assistance told me they would not cover a medium duty van, even though they towed a week earlier. Got a call this morning from dealer that they do not work on Promasters, so had to have it towed to Ft. Collins, where it sits until they look at it tomorrow. I drove this in manual every time I seen a mountain, only driving in Auto when road was flat for long distance. I have no idea why this is happening and dealership gave no reasons, just reset computer and told me it was fine. Can't wait to hear what this dealer has to say. There is nothing that I like about this diesel so far. Any thoughts from any of you PM owners out there. Can't do this kind of business if I am going to be broke down on every run.