Promaster deer gaurd/front trailer hitch?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Does anyone know of a deer gaurd that also doubles as a hitch so I could mount a generator to the front?

If not are there multiple spots on the frame where I could attach a deer gaurd and hitch separately?

Or do I have to choose one or the other?

I can always get a swing mount for the back but they seem pricey.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m really curious what the replies will be because I’m really interested in the front bumper hitch and never thought of having both.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the Promaster is a unibody like the sprinter and transit a deer guard on the front would do more damage than without it.

Reactions: ntimevan

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
If the Promaster is a unibody like the sprinter and transit a deer guard on the front would do more damage than without it.
How so? The way it was explained to me those quarter panels and similar parts are expensive to replace and when you have a $1000 deductible it's better to just replace yourself so you don't report an accident. So a deer gaurd bolted to the much stronger main frame would be able to take the hit without damaging the body (The vans body the deers is going to be pretty messed up). Are you saying hitting a deer would do damage to the actual frame via the gaurd? Obviously depending on the deer size and how fast you go but in general.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How so? The way it was explained to me those quarter panels and similar parts are expensive to replace and when you have a $1000 deductible it's better to just replace yourself so you don't report an accident. So a deer gaurd bolted to the much stronger main frame would be able to take the hit without damaging the body (The vans body the deers is going to be pretty messed up). Are you saying hitting a deer would do damage to the actual frame via the gaurd? Obviously depending on the deer size and how fast you go but in general.
Didn’t you read the other thread about deer guards. Turtle explained it to a T. I would suggest you read that thread. Can’t remember which thread but it was within the last week.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check out the thread entitled “Questions about Cargo Van Fleet Owners” by Bilzzard2014 in the general forum. Turtles response is there.

Reactions: Solar