PROHEAT NO AC PROBLEM

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Seems we are all experiencing the no AC problem or lack of with the Proheat. I found a few problems with my unit. Which I corrected that have improved the AC somewhat. What I have found is when I run my unit on full bore high AC. The evaporator freezes up into a block of ice. After checking it out. I found that the air intake vent was not mounted directly in front of the evaporator. Which was not allowing it to pull good air flow threw the evaporator. So I moved the intake vent. I also cleaned the filter on the evaporator. It seems so far to have eliminated the freeze up problem. The unit still does not produce great AC in my opinion that is adequate for a large sleeper. I think another area that may need to be addressed is the remote mounted condensor. I don't think it gets enough air from the electric fan. I am thinking about adding another fan to the back side of the condensor as a puller to increase air flow. If anyone else finds any solutions. I would like to hear them. I don't think Proheat did any extensive field testing on their product. Before they sent it to market.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
>>>snip<<<
>I don't think Proheat did any extensive field testing
>on their product. Before they sent it to market.

It's called "Release & Development"........they picked it up from software companies!!!

Rex

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Return air is a definite problem with the installation of the units. Mine has a return air problem as well. Another thing is it seems to be designed for a factory sleeper which is generally 75" at most. When put into a 96" expediting sleeper it just doesn't have the capacity. Also, they will tell you to pull the divider curtains between cab and sleeper so it only cools the sleeper. That's all well and good but during the daytime it's impossible to keep the divider closed continuously so you have huge heat infiltration when you have to go out to the facilities or check the QC to see what they are beeping you about or whatever.

Leo
truck 4958
73 KE5FJG

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
when i had my western star and my fl60 i did a lot of testing for proheat for over 7 year's and also was a field rep for them
but i don't know what they don't know what they do now
and helped up grade the proheat for over 7 year's
give bill moore a call at tsi in north jackson oh he has a web site here

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>when i had my western star and my fl60 i did a lot of
>testing for proheat for over 7 year's and also was a field
>rep for them

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, so it's Geo's fault! ;)

Leo
truck 4958
73 KE5FJG

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just visted Proheat website. Read the tech bulletins and found nothing regarding the AC problem. They do have a contact link. So I sent them a E-mail about the AC or lack of problem. We will see what they have to say. I encourage anyone else who is having the AC issue to visit their site and complain. If they get enough complaints maybe they will find a solution. www.proheat.com