Problems?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mrs. Layoutshooter and I have noticed some problems in here lately and we have not idea if it is on our end, E.O.'s end or somewhere in between.

We both lose connection and have to log in again on a regular basis. We have also noticed very slow reload times that leads to the "connection timed out" page.

Any ideas? :confused:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Same here - except it's a bigger problem with facebook [EO seems to load pretty quick], and I think it's the internet signal. My aircard [Verizon] shows the signal strength, and the fewer bars, the more disconnections. Sometimes, just moving to a different area helps, sometimes not.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Same here - except it's a bigger problem with facebook [EO seems to load pretty quick], and I think it's the internet signal. My aircard [Verizon] shows the signal strength, and the fewer bars, the more disconnections. Sometimes, just moving to a different area helps, sometimes not.

We have 5 bars were we are sitting now. Seems to make no difference other that in frequency of the problems.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I haven't experienced this at all lately, must be your connection. I get it from time to time, just hit and miss.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
When I am home, it isn't a problem but for a number of months, it has been the same thing on the road, log in every time.

It isn't just this computer but another that has nothing done to it (no updates, different connection, on the road).

I did a lot of checks, used different browsers, used different connections and no other website does this but this one.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I do, and Firefox also requires unchecking the 'work offline' option that engages whenever the connection is stopped. :mad:
Now, [and I'm not gonna get any sympathy on this one, lol] my Adblocker program isn't working on EO - but does on facebook. :confused:
I feel like such a technotard!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just use the Firefox ad blocker....works just fine on EO

I have found number of bars means little at some time..

especially if out of network ...5 bars real slow loading

stamp11127

Seasoned Expediter
One reason some of you may be having problems is that there are many computers behind the scenes that need to be kept happy. Any one of them having problems will result in a slow down or timeouts. I've attached a pic of the computers that are currently between myself and the EO server. Twelve computers going out and probably the same coming back.
For those that know how to get to the run command:
type cmd <return>
type tracert www.expeditorsonline.com<return>
When finished type exit.

What does this do for you, absolutely nothing. Just lets you see how many "hops" the data is going through. Network geeks use this command along with others for troubleshooting networks that are having trouble.
5jy443.jpg

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Um.... OK every time the connection is dropped, I get a new IP address. This is the problem.

So right now I am logged on with an IP address belonging to AT&T (of course) but earlier I was logged on to my server with an IP address coming from France. When I went to the Daily Star, I got UK ads.

This IP Address I traced back to AT&T with the POP seems to be coming from Florida, if someone can tell me where I am at that would be great and scary all at once.

So onto the problem we have, it is EO. The forum software logs our IP address and if it is different, it simply has us log back in Annoying but somewhat odd at the same time - can be fixed.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Greg,

European IP address? That will be problematic for sure. That - and Chinese IP addresses. :(